Ángel Cabrera

Valdosta_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Relatively new president of Georgia Tech. Attended from 91-95. I think he’s a big Barcelona fan so he understands the power of sports… will he make a big move? Or oversee the dark ages of GT football.

Wasn’t Bud supposed to know this as well (as a former college player)? He just liked to pose for photos. Color me skeptical that a GT Prez cares.

They aren’t hostile towards athletics like Petit, just indifferent like Clough was.

Wasn’t Bud supposed to know this as well (as a former college player)? He just liked to pose for photos. Color me skeptical that a GT Prez cares.

They aren’t hostile towards athletics like Petit, just indifferent like Clough was.
I’m gonna get big cried for this, but that’s what the President’s job is. So long as the Institute keeps performing well in academics, I’m more than happy with the job they’re doing. Not one single football victory ever helped me learn more or do better in life.

As I pointed out elsewhere, Cabrera was the Prez of George Mason when they hired Paul Hewitt.

Others pointed out that Cabrera had no role in Hewitt's hire.

Draw thine own conclusions.

First thing's first: turn the hockey club into an NCAA D1 program. Tech is sorely lacking in Frozen Four appearances and Atlanta is sorely lacking in hockey teams. Get it done President Cabrera, or I'll vote for the other guy next time around.
We had our chance in the early 90’s. They actually were designing the ‘tit’ to be ice ready during the Olympic renovations, but was ultimately voted down due to Title 9 concerns in creating the team. I think they were floating creating a women’s soccer team to offset the scholarship numbers.

As I pointed out elsewhere, Cabrera was the Prez of George Mason when they hired Paul Hewitt.

Others pointed out that Cabrera had no role in Hewitt's hire.

Draw thine own conclusions.
At least he wasn’t there when Hewitt signed a contract that effectively never expired.

I’m gonna get big cried for this, but that’s what the President’s job is. So long as the Institute keeps performing well in academics, I’m more than happy with the job they’re doing. Not one single football victory ever helped me learn more or do better in life.

That's the way most alumni feel, otherwise things would be different. Blessing and curse.

The more i think about it, soccer would be huge at Tech with such a large foreign student base.

Back