‘20 Class Early Enrollees

To me, a kid enrolling in January is basically saying...”I’m here to play a meaningful role as a true freshman.” These guys believe in themselves. They know in their hearts they are good enough to be THE MAN by the time Game 1 rolls around. That self-belief coupled with hard work and God given athletic talent is a special recipe that is needed to be GREAT. I’m very excited about this class and the trajectory of the program. I can’t wait for December/February results to turn into successes on the football field.

giphy.gif

I expect that one of the freshman QB's will end up redshirting. The others will play a significant role next year.

You think?

Graham, Yates, Gleason, Sims

That would mean one of them moves.

The battle will be Graham/Yates , Gleason and Sims. I don’t think that Graham and Yates both make the battle.

Getting further down in the weeds, Gleason is the only pro style of the group and conventional wisdom would seems to go against that given line inexperience (especially early season). However, Gleason also seems more like Patenaude’s QBs at prior stops. So I’m interested to see the direction we go there.

The battle will be Graham/Yates , Gleason and Sims. I don’t think that Graham and Yates both make the battle.

Getting further down in the weeds, Gleason is the only pro style of the group and conventional wisdom would seems to go against that given line inexperience (especially early season). However, Gleason also seems more like Patenaude’s QBs at prior stops. So I’m interested to see the direction we go there.

Fair enough. I don't see the value in making moves from four to three without another fall camp.

I think we go into summer camp with the same 4 QBs.

Transitioning Graham or Yates to another position is unlikely - the competition is fierce where they'd be going and we'd be 2/3 true freshmen at the most important position.

Remember they were both 4* athletes and may both outcompete Sims/Gleason.

Transitioning Graham or Yates to another position is unlikely - the competition is fierce where they'd be going and we'd be 2/3 true freshmen at the most important position.

Remember they were both 4* athletes and may both outcompete Sims/Gleason.
Gone are the days where our qb is interchangeable in the backfield. We can hope that one of the group clearly wins the starting spot, don't know if that leaves a couple out of the mix altogether.

Gone are the days where our qb is interchangeable in the backfield. We can hope that one of the group clearly wins the starting spot, don't know if that leaves a couple out of the mix altogether.

One will clearly win the starting spot, and we will still have 4.

I know Tobias is changing position, but don't we have four now, with two more coming in?
We have a couple of walk on QBs but on Scholarship we have Johnson, Graham & Yates with two more coming in.

LJ might see how he competes in spring and then decide to transfer if he's not expecting to be the starter. Unfortunately, injuries sometime reduce the number by fall. Having too many QBs right now is a good thing.

Johnson has been at Tech for four years. He could graduate and transfer with two years of immediate eligibility.
Oliver is still listed as a QB. I thought he officially moved to WR. Of course we now have 14 WR's without counting him.

I thought he officially moved to WR. Of course we now have 14 WR's without counting him.
He did officially move to WR. And we have the most bodies at WR and DE. I would imagine this is where we see the most departures

Johnson has been at Tech for four years. He could graduate and transfer with two years of immediate eligibility.
Oliver is still listed as a QB. I thought he officially moved to WR. Of course we now have 14 WR's without counting him.

Oliver would give us 15 WR's. It is hard to see how more than 6 or 7 play.

This is why I think Lucas will transfer, Tobias will stick to WR, Graham and Yates will stay at QB plus the 2 freshmen. 4-way competition starts very soon, and I think whoever wins out of that bunch will be very promising.

This is why I think Lucas will transfer, Tobias will stick to WR, Graham and Yates will stay at QB plus the 2 freshmen. 4-way competition starts very soon, and I think whoever wins out of that bunch will be very promising.
I agree unless Yates or Graham decide to pursue other options.

Back