“Excited for a Great Spring Ball”

I remember that transfer from Stanford a few years back. Dude looked like a Greek statue.

He was a running back. Couldn’t run for öööö. Couldn’t remember plays or read blocks. But looked like he was carved out of granite.
Yeah Skov averaged 1 yd per carry but he looked like he could run thru a brick wall. Turned out he fell over on 1st contact. Then we understood how he only averaged 1 yd per carry.

Yeah Skov averaged 1 yd per carry but he looked like he could run thru a brick wall. Turned out he fell over on 1st contact. Then we understood how he only averaged 1 yd per carry.
That's the guy. I stopped looking at bicep pics after that.
skov.JPG

It always looked like he ran with his head pointed straight at the ground, and then ran right into the ground, didn't it?

It always looked like he ran with his head pointed straight at the ground, and then ran right into the ground, didn't it?
To be fair, on most plays I think he ran into at least 1 of our OL before he fell down. I’ve really never seen anyone else run into so many of his own blockers before. Big hole just to the right or left & he’d run straight into the blocker’s butt. Really pretty odd.

I know we had a lot of players injured that year, but how he managed 90 carries is beyond me. For me, that was when I started thinking CPJ was on his way out. The year before he’d have been pulling splinters out of his rump riding the pine every game but somehow he keep seeing snaps.

Geez, the guy could not read blocks. He cost us more than one game.

Big as an ox and almost as smart as one.

But according to certain posters, his shortcomings were all the coaches fault.

Back