“We have bigger fish to fry.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DisplacedJacket

In all fairness, ugag is still the biggest fish in the state of Georgia's pond. And you can't fry a National Title sized fish unless you fry the ugag one first.

D

DisplacedJacket

Get over the UGA loss. Move on.

I'm over the ugag loss. The whole point of TFA is Tech's chances at a NC next year. Can't win one without beating ugag. Can't keep the "we've got bigger fish to fry" attitude and win a NC. Yes we can still have a successful season, win the ACC, win a BCS bowl, but if CPJ's end goal is to win a NC, we have to beat ugag, bottom line.

If we as fans want to bring another NC to The Flats, then beating ugag DOES matter.

PJ_RULZ

Varsity Lurker
I may be wrong but I believe the article gets around to your point. If we position ourselves for a MNC we will 'have to' beat Ugag. I think he said win the first and the last and all in between. ;) The first year we beat Ugag, the second we won the ACC, the third we should be in contention for the MNC.

ND_jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm over the ugag loss. The whole point of TFA is Tech's chances at a NC next year. Can't win one without beating ugag. Can't keep the "we've got bigger fish to fry" attitude and win a NC. Yes we can still have a successful season, win the ACC, win a BCS bowl, but if CPJ's end goal is to win a NC, we have to beat ugag, bottom line.

If we as fans want to bring another NC to The Flats, then beating ugag DOES matter.
I fail to understand how anyone can think that CPJ doesn't realize that winning an MNC will almost certainly require beating the mutts. If you want to make the BCSCG without being undefeated (and are not LSU and able to scream about being "undefeated in regulation"), you need to lose early. Losing to the mutts is not losing early for Tech. However, only two teams get to play in the BCSCG each year. The ACC Champion gets to play in the BCS, regardless of whether it loses to a 7-5 SEC team. Winning the ACC and the Orange Bowl sets up the public opinion needed for a national championship the next year. Going 8-4 but beating Georgia does nothing for the reputation of the program outside the state.

PJ_RULZ

Varsity Lurker
Regardless, we need this OB game to be in the top 10 starting out next year.

DC Bee

Varsity Lurker
We need this OB game so that people will actually think we can win a bowl game...ever.
Unless I was having a severe flashback, I recall GT winning a big bowl game recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.