1-1 with Clems’ son on deck

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
Just some observations after watching my 43rd year of Georgia Tech football.

1. I think it’s hard to pull Yates, but also hard to bench Sims because of an injury. Yates looks to make good decisions most of the time while showing he’s a competitor. He can spin the ball for sure and most seem to be catchable.
2. Disappointed in the play of the OL. Glad we have Key, but expected a bit more especially with the experience he has coming back.
3. Gibbs may be the best player we have seen on The Flats when his career is over. Kid is something special. IMO he could be on par with Joe, Calvin, Kim K., and our other greats.
4. Defensively, we are still small up front which will be hard to overcome against the big boys ahead. We have athletes good enough to compete in the other positions.
5. Kicking game still lacks.

I hope, but do not think we can beat Clemson. I do think we can compete with them and will be quite disappointed if we get another 70 hung on us which I don’t think will happen. We don’t have their numbers in athletes yet, but I do think we are gaining ground. Now we just have to see if we can compete with them.

1990wspjacket

Damn Good Rat
Just some observations after watching my 43rd year of Georgia Tech football.

1. I think it’s hard to pull Yates, but also hard to bench Sims because of an injury. Yates looks to make good decisions most of the time while showing he’s a competitor. He can spin the ball for sure and most seem to be catchable.
2. Disappointed in the play of the OL. Glad we have Key, but expected a bit more especially with the experience he has coming back.
3. Gibbs may be the best player we have seen on The Flats when his career is over. Kid is something special. IMO he could be on par with Joe, Calvin, Kim K., and our other greats.
4. Defensively, we are still small up front which will be hard to overcome against the big boys ahead. We have athletes good enough to compete in the other positions.
5. Kicking game still lacks.

I hope, but do not think we can beat Clemson. I do think we can compete with them and will be quite disappointed if we get another 70 hung on us which I don’t think will happen. We don’t have their numbers in athletes yet, but I do think we are gaining ground. Now we just have to see if we can compete with them.
Very Fair Assessment, I would tend to agree.

1990wspjacket

Damn Good Rat
In MOF2 defense, it's a possibility, J.G has loads of potential, imagine what he would have been doing at Bama right now, just sayin, our O.L has gotta grow, and grow quickly as in this year, no excuses past this year.PERIOD....

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
He’s running out of time to catch Calvin

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
I would be a believer but we're a Wake Forest-tier program at this point. 31-3 at halftime, Clem 48-24 final.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I want to destroy Clemson to shut the gaggers up about their Clemson win already

CarsonNewmanJacket

Your average fart joke teller
IMO I think Yates is just a better overall QB than Sims. Sims has a higher ceiling, sure I can give him that. But the thing is and I said this from the beginning, we threw him in the fire too early. Yates went in a couple times last year and looked like he didn’t even know what city he was in, but he matured. He’s proven that. Sims still looks nervous as all get out in the pocket, which is understandable with our line, but the poor decisions that come along with it are unnecessary. Yates can at least seem to always keep his eyes downfield and find some open guy, or run if he needs.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Sims’ ball handling and accuracy were problems last year. It was really bad early against NIU. For now, Yates is the better option. He is a smart RPO type of QB. Arm strength is his limitation, but he is a good game manager.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
1. Arm strength is overrated. Accuracy is underrated. But Arm strength us way more overrated than accuracy is underrated.

2. Any talk of being competitive with Clemson is ridiculous. They wont hang 70 on us because they dont have a "should already be in the pros" QB which is what it takes to put up a gaudy number like that. Questions will be how long will we have to wait for a first down? Will we be able to cross the 50 yard line on O?

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
1. Arm strength is overrated. Accuracy is underrated. But Arm strength us way more overrated than accuracy is underrated.

2. Any talk of being competitive with Clemson is ridiculous. They wont hang 70 on us because they dont have a "should already be in the pros" QB which is what it takes to put up a gaudy number like that. Questions will be how long will we have to wait for a first down? Will we be able to cross the 50 yard line on O?
I’m enjoying all the talk of ….if Collins beats Clemson he will win me back…..no öööö

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
If we just punch Clemson in the mouth at all, I'll be happy. Clemson did not allow a single TD to the dwags offense. That is a bit scary.

I agree with Crew that Clemson can't score at will like they used to but we still need to get first downs to give our D some rest or things could spiral out of control early.