#1 for 2022: Jullian Lewis: WR

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Last edited:
Please load up on OL, DL & QB’s.

I don't know if you pay much attention to Georgia Tech football; from your posts it appears you do not. But we signed 6 OL in 2020 plus a transfer and are on track to sign 3+ OL in 2021. We are caught up in numbers and should sign a normal amount in 2022. That will improve our team a lot more than "loading up" on OL in 2022. The unforgivable sins of the retired coach are corrected, at least in OL recruiting.

I predict we will sign one or two quarterbacks depending on quality. Again, normal numbers. DL is always a scarce commodity and we will sign all the interior DL of quality we can, like most everyone else.

Mainly, I expect 2022 to be top players of whatever position they play, and as many good skill players, linebackers, and tight ends as we can fit.

Looks big for a sophomore with good hands and agility. Not a burner.

Big and strong for a senior... huge for a soph. Natural X receiver with a huge catch radius. Good and may be great hands. I expect him to be money on contested balls.

Didn't see a lot of separation, which I partially blame on a lack of confidence in the quarterback as well as a lack of experience in soph tape; he hung back on long passes to see how far it would travel. Does not look elusive, before or after the catch. Will get a few yards with brute force after the catch. Didn't see his feel for finding weak spots in the zone, cuz so little tape. Didn't see him block, for same reason.

I like him as a first commit. His strengths are the potential weaknesses of some of our other receivers, and his potential weaknesses... well, we have depth at doing those things. I wonder if we timed him before signing him. He looked fast enough for his level of competition.

How do I expect to see him used? Run him outside on 4-receiver sets where he will tie up the other team's best big corner or we throw it anywhere near him for the first down. Also, depending on the defense we face, he could be an ideal chess piece for Y receiver where he works the middle of the field. He could grow into a move te, if he's not there already.

As always, tell me if you see the tape differently than I do.

Last edited:
Big and strong for a senior... huge for a soph. Natural X receiver with a huge catch radius. Good and may be great hands. I expect him to be money on contested balls.

Didn't see a lot of separation, which I partially blame on a lack of confidence in the quarterback as well as a lack of experience in soph tape; he hung back on long passes to see how far it would travel. Does not look elusive, before or after the catch. Will get a few yards with brute force after the catch. Didn't see his feel for finding weak spots in the zone, cuz so little tape. Didn't see him block, for same reason.

I like him as a first commit. His strengths are the potential weaknesses of some of our other receivers, and his potential weaknesses... well, we have depth at doing those things. I wonder if we timed him before signing him. He looked fast enough for his level of competition.

How do I expect to see him used? Run him outside on 4-receiver sets where he will tie up the other team's best big corner or we throw it anywhere near him for the first down. Also, depending on the defense we face, he could be an ideal chess piece for Y receiver where he works the middle of the field. He could grow into a move te, if he's not there already.

To add on how one might use him:

The "quick game": Hit him on quick screens, short hitches, and slants, then let him overpower mismatched DBs for YAC / to move the sticks. It's tiring for a defense to deal with a WR who can run with raw power on the perimeter. If this causes teams to play up on him, and if he can use his physicality to punish jamming at the LOS, I could see him getting open for intermediate possession type routes. Fades on the goal line would be a good use, and of course on contested long balls.

Appears to have the physicality and size to be a formidable blocker if he works at it. Looks like a grown man as a sophmore.

He decommitted at some point for one reason or another. I’m hopeful his reemergence doesn’t mean Bonner ain’t happening.

I don't know if you pay much attention to Georgia Tech football; from your posts it appears you do not. But we signed 6 OL in 2020 plus a transfer and are on track to sign 3+ OL in 2021. We are caught up in numbers and should sign a normal amount in 2022. That will improve our team a lot more than "loading up" on OL in 2022. The unforgivable sins of the retired coach are corrected, at least in OL recruiting.

I predict we will sign one or two quarterbacks depending on quality. Again, normal numbers. DL is always a scarce commodity and we will sign all the interior DL of quality we can, like most everyone else.

Mainly, I expect 2022 to be top players of whatever position they play, and as many good skill players, linebackers, and tight ends as we can fit.
Nope.

OL and DL are in football what chipping and putting are to golf, and pitching in baseball. That’s what wins or loses 90% of games, regardless of the skill positions. Except in football, they are constantly getting injured.
You can never recruit enough of them. Period.

Good analysis. Great hands and size, good concentration and seems to play physical. I don’t see him getting a lot of separation, not explosive in and out of the break, susceptible to jamming from larger D1 corners. He looks and runs like a TE to me, but not enough tape to really make a judgement.

Regardless, glad we got him.

Did we get him or are we just talking to him again?

Back