#10 in BCS

So, we're ranked #13 in week 3, lose to a "top 10" team, then go on to beat a #22 team and a #4 team, break two streaks against teams at their place, beat two teams that have SEC speeeeeeeed, and we've only gotten to #10?

So, we're ranked #13 in week 3, lose to a "top 10" team, then go on to beat a #22 team and a #4 team, break two streaks against teams at their place, beat two teams that have SEC speeeeeeeed, and we've only gotten to #10?

The problem is timing. Only one team above us each week has lost so we could only move up one spot. The teams we beat weren't exactly Top 50 either. Breaking the streak against UVA really only mattered to us Tech fans, and Vandy is bottom of the barrel in the SEC - and we "struggled" against them.

It would help if we'd dominate, crush, and outright humiliate a good top 15 or so team and not just eke out a shoot-out.

It would help if we'd dominate, crush, and outright humiliate a good top 15 or so team and not just eke out a shoot-out.

If only there was a top 15 team left for us to play...

The only chance of playing a ranked team is against Duke. Which is crazy.

Or maybe BC or Clemson in the ACCCG.

I'd say we humiliated VPI so badly that they cried for 10 days and lost their next game. Of course, they're ACC and never really deserved it anyway. I still maintain that Coaches Poll bias is a very real thing.

It's about time !!!!!!! I thought we should have been in the top 10 already...... :biggthumpup:

Every team above us is undefeated, or has their only loss to an undefeated team.

We have no argument for being higher.

I think we are better than our ranking, but at the same time, think we have the right rank (based primarily on mmbtOne's argument).

Every team above us is undefeated, or has their only loss to an undefeated team.

We have no argument for being higher.

We are exactly where we should be. Preseason rankings stink, but CPJ says they should wait until 3-4 weeks for rankings. We would be 3-1 with a butt whoopin to a top 20 team. I think the rankings are OK. A playoff would answer all of the bias questions in the poll.

We are right where we should be, until we win consistently we shouldn't be ranked as an elite. I think we're doing a great job to better that, but I've been witness to too many games where we lost and should have won. Vandy got 31 points on us, they average 10, that doesn't help.

At least we'll be poised for a good position next year. We just have to show up early in the season on both sides of the ball.

Being at #10 and looking at the nine teams ahead of GT, I think we are exactly where we should be. The next two weeks could provide opportunity for GT to move up a few spots.

The first thing of course is to defeat Wake Forest and Duke.

There are two games of interest this weekend. LSU plays @ Alabama --an Alabama win will move GT up to #9. Also, Penn state, right behind GT at #11, plays Ohio State --a win by the Buckeyes will move Penn State out of our shadows.

It's the next weekend, the weekend of November 14th, where GT could make a move.

November 14th:

#8 Oregon @ #18 Arizona (5-2)
#7 Boise State vs Idaho (7-2)
#6 TCU vs #14 Utah (7-1)
#5 Cincinnati vs West Virginia (6-2)
#4 Iowa @ #16 Ohio State (7-2)

There are currently seven undefeated teams sitting atop the BCS, which is a lot heading into November. November 14th will be a day where you get the feeling that one or two of these undefeated teams will go down.

I can see a couple of these teams losing and GT could be sitting anywhere from #6 to #8 prior to the UGA game.

Right now we better just focus on the Demon Deacons.

Being at #10 and looking at the nine teams ahead of GT, I think we are exactly where we should be. The next two weeks could provide opportunity for GT to move up a few spots.

The first thing of course is to defeat Wake Forest and Duke.

There are two games of interest this weekend. LSU plays @ Alabama --an Alabama win will move GT up to #9. Also, Penn state, right behind GT at #11, plays Ohio State --a win by the Buckeyes will move Pess State out of our shadows.

It's the next weekend, the weekend of November 14th, where GT could make a move.

November 14th:

#8 Oregon @ #18 Arizona (5-2)
#7 Boise State vs Idaho (7-2)
#6 TCU vs #14 Utah (7-1)
#5 Cincinnati vs West Virginia (6-2)
#4 Iowa @ #16 Ohio State (7-2)

There are currently seven undefeated teams sitting atop the BCS, which is a lot heading into November. November 14th will be a day where you get the feeling that one or two of these undefeated teams will go down.

I can see a couple of these teams losing and GT could be sitting anywhere from #6 to #8 prior to the UGA game.

Right now we better just focus on the Demon Deacons.

I'm hoping LSU trips up Alabama.

Back