#10 is a Running Back - Marcus Allen

I'm in awe of your superior intellect, football knowledge and google images prowess. :bowdown:

That's funny. I wouldn't get too upset over people who spend ALL their time on Stingtalk though. Pretty ööööty life if you ask me.

Sorry Cheese, but I didn't think your question made a lot of sense. You can ask that question about anyone that commits to GT just about, or anyone that commits to any school. May not be a Stanford, but there is always someone else.

We all understand your question. It's several places. Why he decided to make his commit is in several places too. He and his family sure sound on board 100%. Any number of things can happen in recruiting. We all know that.

I'm not paranoid over Stanford, ND, or whoever. Not saying you are, but hear what sounds to be concerns. This young man and his family's decision doesn't seem to have the same "feel" as maybe a Tuitt to me.

Do I think we'll have to keep on recruiting Allen? Heck yeah! Do all of them anymore. Just like Vad last year and that entire class. Remember talking to Snoddy and his family signing day. Recruiting is a tough business with some very good salesman in it.

Thanks, that's the kind of reply I was looking for. Btw, I'm not paranoid about losing this kid or any kid for that matter, either. Just wanted to know if other high academic schools had offered yet since he's heavily interested in the "school" side of college football.

If an ND or Standford had already offered and been considered and rejected, it would look like a better bet he'd stay committed.

I also like offering guys at their position of choice while the rest of the world offers them at plan B. We get him bc we are willing to take a risk at RB. If he doesn't work out there he switches to LB as a RS-JR. Almost like getting two lottery tickets for the price of one.

PJ has been very successful with B Backs that were a whole lot less athletic than Allen looks to me. Most of PJ's BBacks did not have breakaway speed either and they all gain 1000 yards.

He reminds me of Ant Allen too by the way. And Ant Allen is doing very well at Ravens camp so far.

Did I see this right? His team was 2-8 (1-5) last season with a scoring average of 8.6 PPG while giving up 31.4 PPG.

I know it's a team sport and all, but...Ouch.

While I don't know anything about his competition, it struck me that in so many of these highlights, the kid doesn't stop running, doesn't stop moving his legs. It's not just when defenders try to hit-tackle. It's also when they try to wrap-up.

I could be wrong about how rare/common this is, but a lot of guys seem to instinctively begin to brace for hitting the ground when they're first hit and have to learn to keep running through. So, I find this aspect of his running game very impressive given the fact that that was his first year playing football.

PJ has been very successful with B Backs that were a whole lot less athletic than Allen looks to me. Most of PJ's BBacks did not have breakaway speed either and they all gain 1000 yards.

They also played at Navy and GSU. Gotta keep it in perspective.

wow, thought I was watching a Pop Warner tape with the biggest fastest guy on the team getting the BALL,ALL the time ---AND makes all the tackles

I like the academic part

Did I see this right? His team was 2-8 (1-5) last season with a scoring average of 8.6 PPG while giving up 31.4 PPG.

I know it's a team sport and all, but...Ouch.
Good thing we are not recruiting the other 10 players on either side of the ball huh.

Good thing we are not recruiting the other 10 players on either side of the ball huh.
No kidding. It looks like they average 5'8" 165#. Allen is the tallest on the team and there's only 4 players that are heavier.

FSU, Tennessee, Nebraska, Arkansas, etc. were all recruiting him because of his lack of speed...they are interested in only slow players.

I am all about this guy. My comment had nothing to do with him, but was in response to someone saying CPJ had great success in the past with not very athletic (talented) BBs. Too many people try to equate success with low talent at lesser programs with an ability to have success with low talent at GT. This ain't navy and this damn sure ain't GSU...this is Georgia frickin' Tech!

Geez, I'm not negative for the sake of being negative. I just set the bar high. A öööö sandwhich is a öööö sandwhich regardless of what deli is selling it, luckily this guys seems to be Boars Head and me likey!

I am all about this guy. My comment had nothing to do with him, but was in response to someone saying CPJ had great success in the past with not very athletic (talented) BBs.

Geez, I'm not negative for the sake of being negative. I just set the bar high. This guy is above the bar and I am happy to say so!
sorry...I forgot the smiley icon.

fwiw...I got all excited about this guy when I reviewed his video long before we offered him and before he showed up on campus during the spring as he passed through on campus unofficial visits.

It is just strange to see someone play with that type of intensity when their first year putting on pads is as a junior in high school.

btw...his focus was basketball prior to this.

sorry...I forgot the smiley icon.

fwiw...I got all excited about this guy when I reviewed his video long before we offered him and before he showed up on campus during the spring as he passed through on campus unofficial visits.

It is just strange to see someone play with that type of intensity when their first year putting on pads is as a junior in high school.

btw...his focus was basketball prior to this.

Hell, I am excited about his potential, but also happy that we competed and won against bigger programs. Had they offered him at RB, it might have been a different story, but I'll take it! Well worth the risk, worst case he doesn't pan out at BB and gets a shot at OLB or even AB...but there isn't much behind Perkins that is on the radar in the next 3 years or so.

Had they offered him at RB, it might have been a different story, but I'll take it!

Not so sure...academics were huge to this kid as well...he took a long look at Duke despite having Tenn, FSU, Nebraska offers. He really jumped on our offer. Heck...he stopped by our campus in the spring on his own dime and without an offer.

With only one year under his belt of football...this year could be a huge one for him.

Regarding BB in the future is is almost foolish to guess since one could be recruited every year...but it is fun...isn't it?...so..here it goes

2011- Perkins/Lyons/Sims/Watson
2012- Perkins/Sims/Watson/Laskey
2013- Perkins/Sims/Allen
2014- Perkins/Allen/Laskey
2015- Allen/Laskey
2016- Allen/????

Not so sure...academics were huge to this kid as well...he took a long look at Duke despite having Tenn, FSU, Nebraska offers. He really jumped on our offer. Heck...he stopped by our campus in the spring on his own dime and without an offer.

With only one year under his belt of football...this year could be a huge one for him.

Regarding BB in the future is is almost foolish to guess since one could be recruited every year...but it is fun...isn't it?...so..here it goes

2013- Perkins/Sims/Allen
2015- Allen/Laskey
2016- Allen/????

Well, like I said, I've been screaming for higher quality BB recruits for some time and this is very encouraging. A lot of people seem to be content with just anybody back there with a pulse since it is a given our BB will get 1,000 yards, but I was spoiled by Dwyer and want to see a stud BB own the offense.

Well, like I said, I've been screaming for higher quality BB recruits for some time and this is very encouraging. A lot of people seem to be content with Lyons back there , but I was spoiled by Dwyer and want to see a black BB own the offense.

fify :lol: I'm just busting your balls

But seriously, I don't think anyone is content with just having a body back there. Of course everyone wants a stud. You're just misinterpreting optimism in our current situation as complacency.

2013- Perkins/Sims/Allen
2015- Allen/Laskey
2016- Allen/????
I'm not following this. Is Laskey #4 in '13, or is he scheduled to be injured?

I'm not following this. Is Laskey #4 in '13, or is he scheduled to be injured?

He's white and assumed to be a place-filler for whatever African-American we recruit to replace him. :rolleyes:

Back