AlaGold

Dodd-Like
After all the jokes-does anyone have any HARD data on this guy?
as WR- receps,total yds,TDs
as DB-tackles,ints
honors?
this guy goes COMPLETELY against previous WR recruiting-BIG and be able (want to ) BLOCK--what gives?

05GTCorndog

Staff member
After all the jokes-does anyone have any HARD data on this guy?
as WR- receps,total yds,TDs
as DB-tackles,ints
honors?
this guy goes COMPLETELY against previous WR recruiting-BIG and be able (want to ) BLOCK--what gives?
I think it was a situation where he is a good enough athlete that we didn't want to turn him away since he wanted to commit. I thought the twins committing might have taken his spot, but he is a good enough athlete and versatile enough that they can find a position for him. This is a big class for us and given our past recruiting failures (not recruiting enough people to account for the inevitable de-commits), I think it is a smart move. Hopefully this signals a change in the way our coaching staff plans their recruiting strategy.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
"Searcy is intriguing as he can look very good, but also very average. If he had more size and the ability to pack on weight, he could be a legit safety candidate, but his build might never allow it. Must develop as a route runner. Not disciplined, too much playground stuff. He has ability and with refinement could develop nicely as he is a natural playmaker and instinctive player."
Sounds Bostic-y... I like the offer list but he better be able to put on weight.

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
This kid plays wr and db. What does that mean for GT? It means a wr with a mean streak who likes to hit people. What more could we want?

As for his height, if a guy is fast enough and has hops, he doesn't need to be all that tall. I'd rather get away from the "jump ball" routes, and more towards the "in stride" variety, anyway.

dressedcheeseside

Dodd-Like
This kid plays wr and db. What does that mean for GT? It means a wr with a mean streak who likes to hit people. What more could we want?

As for his height, if a guy is fast enough and has hops, he doesn't need to be all that tall. I'd rather get away from the "jump ball" routes, and more towards the "in stride" variety, anyway.