100% Capacity & On Campus Tailgating is Back

erikill

Jolly Good Fellow
Great news - and good thing I already moved my season tickets to a new section:-)

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
There are going to be some must see athletes and games on the flats this year. Personally I’ll wear it for the kids to show up and support.

1620832743401.gif
Very much doubt there will be a mask requirement but they aren't gonna announce that while you still have to wear one in the stores and such.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
i'm in. if the CDC had dropped their mask bomb prior to renewal deadline i probably would have just renewed. i bought my season tix today. moved from row 1, upper north to row 1, upper west. we had been in upper north for 12 years. THWG.
I have good news for you. I was at the COFH baseball game at Russ Chandler this week and the masks were not enforced. I walked in without a mask, most people didn’t have masks, even concession stand workers. Total mask usage was less than 10%, and most of them were Tech students.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
I have good news for you. I was at the COFH baseball game at Russ Chandler this week and the masks were not enforced. I walked in without a mask, most people didn’t have masks, even concession stand workers. Total mask usage was less than 10%, and most of them were Tech students.
fantastic .. it really worked out great because if i had renewed i would have just stayed in upper west. but these new seats are 20 yards closer to midfield (yes, i measured) and the same price. and change o' scenery never hurts.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Yeah, I was at the UNC game last night and most people weren’t wearing masks, myself included (I wore it through the gate just to follow the posted rule, but took it off to eat and never bothered to put it back on because it didn’t seem to matter).

Some of the staff were masked, and they did come by once and chase people (bunch of irritating ball-seeking kids and their families) out of the three closed rows at the front of section 1, but that was the only enforcement I saw.

Hopefully it’ll be business as usual in the fall. It’ll be impossible to enforce in the stands with full capacity anyway, just due to the number of people and the difficulty of moving through mostly full stands.

JRjr

18in32

Petard Hoister
fantastic .. it really worked out great because if i had renewed i would have just stayed in upper west. but these new seats are 20 yards closer to midfield (yes, i measured) and the same price. and change o' scenery never hurts.
I've been in my seats long enough to know the people around me. Some just to say hi to at games, but others I've met 'outside' the game context. There's not really any place in the stadium I would want to move to, but if there were, I would kinda hate leaving the relationships I've built up.