Encouraging to me when we start signing ball players. Guys with skill that are football players first. I remember some of this from times past where we recruited some kid, a high school QB or a tight end, that wound up playing another position and in the Tech HOF and the NFL. Just like the Byerly kid. They're ballers. To me that's the requisite Tech football player. Put him in the game, Coach!

But throws like Tevin, which isn't gonna excite any top WRs.
From ESPN: Plays the game like a pocket passer. He has the makeup to sit in the pocket and deliver the ball late and take the hit, but he also can tuck it and run when the situation calls for it. He does not panic and is always in control. Throws the ball much more accurately than most dual-threat QBs. He can sit in the pocket and deliver it on target downfield and over the middle. He can drive a throw.

Was that a punk-out? It kinda looked like a punk-out...

Eddie Lee says hello. As does Robert Lavette.

I did not say running back....I am talking about running ability regardless of position.

btw...I watched Eddie Lee Ivery in person at GT games as a kid....started going to GT games in 1971 long before becoming a student in 1986.

He's a good prospect for this year. Accurate with great pocket presence. Doesn't play as agile as his shuttle time, but he's got enough legs he could be our QB if we expand the passing game.

Without knowing his competition,it is hard to really discern his ability but on tape looks good.-but at 6-2,190 he looked "big" on tape which we know is not true in D1 football.

Without knowing his competition,it is hard to really discern his ability but on tape looks good.-but at 6-2,190 he looked "big" on tape which we know is not true in D1 football.

~190 cm (6'2") is plenty tall for a D1 QB, if he's actually that tall. Vad is only ~185 cm. I think though you're just saying he wouldn't look bigger than everyone else out there.

Kid looks good in the highlight reel. Anyone know what the legitimate knocks on him are that are keeping his almighty star rating down?

Re: Re: #11

From ESPN: Plays the game like a pocket passer. He has the makeup to sit in the pocket and deliver the ball late and take the hit, but he also can tuck it and run when the situation calls for it. He does not panic and is always in control. Throws the ball much more accurately than most dual-threat QBs. He can sit in the pocket and deliver it on target downfield and over the middle. He can drive a throw.

Sounds like Andrew Luck

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Dorsey Levens was one of my personal favorites...however Tony Hollings was the best RB I have ever seen in a GT uniform.

The best ever. Never ever have I seen a guy like that flash in the pan though. So the problem is over 12 games and the grind how would he look. But from a pure speed, ridiculous, explosive standpoint I can't remember anything close.

Sucks he blew his knee out. He was a first round pick. I talked to chan and he said we lost 2 wins that year at least due to that injury. He also said he was one of his best RB. Chan knew RB. He always had a good run game so I will give his opinion credit there

Here is a good video to watch...love the throw he drops in down the center of the field from his own endzone. He first one in across the center a few plays later.

As far as running style...he does not run like a true running back...not quite that low...but he does keep his pads in front of him and gets low before contact. One video even shows him blocking out front for his running back. Jaybo ran straight up....got pummeled multiple times doing this including the broken collar bone.

JT is perhaps the best runner we have had at GT ever at any position...he can go the distance on any play and dance in the shower without getting wet....quicker than you can imagine.

Where is the video?

Back