12/13/02...potentially very key...

GT98

Dodd-Like
We have some VERY, VERY good players coming in on that weekend. Carter, mobile QB from FL being recruited by UF amongst others and Grant who has offers from OU, TN, FSU, UF, GT, etc. In addition, we have a shot at Graydon, a LB from Albany (same HS as D. Smith, btw) who is being recruited by UGAG and others. A few other names as well.

At a minimum, it looks as if the staff is doing a good job of at least getting some of the kids to come on campus and take a look at what GT has to offer. IIRC, Glenn Spencer recruits the state of FL. for us.

I thought some positive news was in order...before we see Hewitt's team continuing its run onto the Nat'l scene tomorrow night.

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Very key indeed. It will be interesting to see if we get any committs after that weekend. In other words, if Gailey & staff can sell some very good players on eyeball to eyeball visit.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Originally posted by GT Ace:
Very key indeed. It will be interesting to see if we get any committs after that weekend. In other words, if Gailey & staff can sell some very good players on eyeball to eyeball visit.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I would think that we can certainly offer the chance for immediate PT at the QB position and maybe a few others as well. I am not a recruiting guru by any stretch, I just thought that I would pass along some info. that shows that at least GT is in it w/some players that are being recruited by "big time" Div. I football programs. It would certainly be an interesting twist to see if GT can finish strong in Dec./Jan./1st week of Feb. and give us some good fodder to talk about during the spring--other than when does Hewitt work his magic again.

Yes, the staff needs some changes and their are other internal issues to be addressed. I can live w/the overall record, just not the how 2 of the losses were recorded--both the Maryland and Ugag games; no need to rehash the details.

Here's to a good recruiting class--we could all use some good football news.