12 Days

romegajacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyway you look at it, GT's football team will have no time for injuries, resting, etc. Our coaches and players will be flat out git'n it for the first 3 games. In only 12 days we will have completed 3 games. No wonder it seems like football season gets by so fast.

Don't teams normally play three games in 14 days? I know two days will be a lot for rest and such, but still.

Don't teams normally play three games in 14 days? I know two days will be a lot for rest and such, but still.

it hurts only from game one to game two...Saturday to Thursday. The break from game 2 to game 3 is the same amount of time as any game. Then...we get an extra two days for UNC.

That, and considering our 1st stringers should be resting on the bench come half-time (or earlier perhaps) then I don't see it as too big of a deal.

That, and considering our 1st stringers should be resting on the bench come half-time (or earlier perhaps) then I don't see it as too big of a deal.

depending on what we do to clemson they might be very well rested for miami :fingersx:

^agreed, but I am just hoping for any win against clemson. I have been to every game against them for a while and have been to two blowouts. They won them both. Let's hope you're right.

I am a little concerned about the 5 day turnaround, but Clemson has a much bigger problem. MTSU isn't a cupcake (ask UMd). Hopefully, they'll take Clemson to 6 overtimes.

Our game should be more of a scrimage. We need to put Jax St away early.

your problems are typically not rest...partcularly at that point of the season. It is you lose 2 days of game prep in between Jax St. and Clemson. I would not be shocked if we spent a day or two on Clemson in the two weeks prior to the Jax St. game.

The prep days between Clemson and Miami are the same as any other week of the year...and we actually get two extra days between Miami and UNC...which is good.

The bigger grind is playing 10 games without a bye week.

The bigger grind is playing 10 games without a bye week.

Yeah, that could bite us. Luckily, our schedule is front loaded with the teams most likely to be competing for the division title. If we have the tie breaker over VT, UM, and UNC then a late season loss won't mean as much, since we'll have to lose 2 for those teams to jump us.

If we have the tie breaker over VT, UM, and UNC then a late season loss won't mean as much, since we'll have to lose 2 for those teams to jump us.

If we beat VT, UNC, and Miami...there is no way we do not go to the ACC Championship Game.

Of course, VT is game #7 and the week after traveling to FSU. That could be tough.

Of course, VT is game #7 and the week after traveling to FSU. That could be tough.

Oh, I thought they were earlier in the season. Well, I'm not too worried about the team being up for playing VT at home.

It would be great if we could bench Nesbitt after the 1st quarter or partly into the 2nd. Keep that man healthy at all costs!

It may be tough, but it will instill some serious confidence in our guys if we win all three.

It would be great if we could bench Nesbitt after the 1st quarter or partly into the 2nd. Keep that man healthy at all costs!

The only reason to even play Nesbitt against Jax St. is for him to practice and get in the rhythm and such. Tevin Washingtion would beat those Gamecocks like a drum.

Back