#12 for ‘21 - 3* TE - Ben Postma (TX)

upload_2020-5-26_19-19-7.gif

Didn't see that one coming. From Houston area, so there is your space shuttle gif. Nice to continue getting into Texas.

Out of left field. I wasn’t expecting a TE, because I still think the missing bee is Blackburn. I’m wondering if we see him as more of a WR? Always happy with a commit this early, because you know we really liked the kid to offer this early.

Out of left field. I wasn’t expecting a TE, because I still think the missing bee is Blackburn. I’m wondering if we see him as more of a WR? Always happy with a commit this early, because you know we really liked the kid to offer this early.

Postma had 5 catches as a junior (his first year playing football). I don’t think that would be our only take at a position of need for the ‘21 class.

They are recruiting Blackburn as a WR, not a TE.

But we ARE planning on taking 2 TEs.

There was a Qb at the University of Houston with same last name - originally from the same basic area of town. ( nearby anyway)
Wonder if he is related?
Edit: nope, no relation

Last edited:
This is one that I'll just have to trust the staff on. I see his size as being right for the position, but his lack of experience and lack of stats make this pickup confusing. I'll trust the staff that they've found a diamond in the rough though.

This is one that I'll just have to trust the staff on. I see his size as being right for the position, but his lack of experience and lack of stats make this pickup confusing. I'll trust the staff that they've found a diamond in the rough though.

I guess one good thing is that his offer list(for someone inexperienced and doesn’t have that many stars) isn’t really that bad.

Why? High school stats for any position other than QB and RB don’t mean much and even those aren’t reliable due to different levels of competition and coaching philosophies. All that matters is what he does on our campus as a student-athlete. He and Gibbs have the same college stats - zeros across the board.

I have a hunch this kid is going to be a stud. Don't ask for an explanation - maybe an intuition shaped by 40 years experience watching recruiting.

I can't really consider him a diamond in the rough as he has a decent list of P5 offers. Nowadays, with private coaching, 7 on 7's and the like, looking at HS stats and films isn't enough in scouting. Not a can't miss, blue chip prospect by any means, but not a big reach, either.

I agree that trusting the staff is in order here. He also had some decent offers - I assume as a TE?

Ivy League offers mean nothing to me (wish our recruits to have offers from bama, texas, n.d. instead). Only thing that matters is if our coaches think he can do it here. Ivy offers sure as hell won't matter to a guy lining up across from him playing for ugag, cu, or um.

Has a ways to go as far as size, but again, trust the staff.

Back