#12 in AP Poll

Xihix

Dodd-Like
Again, better than I expected. Let's take it and hope for an even better year next year.

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
Again, better than I expected. Let's take it and hope for an even better year next year.
Yeah better than i expected but im not gonna take it when we are below a team that we beat

JacketDan

Dodd-Like
Yeah better than i expected but im not gonna take it when we are below a team that we beat
Somewhat crazy logic. We're probably still ahead of Georgia in the polls and they just beat us.

The polls are a rank of where you are the time and right now we're riding lower than VT.

Beat Clempsum next week and we probably climb back up past them.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
12 in about right. VT is over rated as usual.

F them. Right now it's all about beating Clemson. Win the freaking title. It's right there in front of us. Just take it.

ND_jacket

Helluva Engineer
Somewhat crazy logic. We're probably still ahead of Georgia in the polls and they just beat us.

The polls are a rank of where you are the time and right now we're riding lower than VT.

We all know the transitive property does not apply here. However, 10-2 compared to 7-5 is different than 10-2 compared to 9-3. 7-5 should not be ranked, unless it's an awful year for college football. 10-2 and 9-3 are both ranked, and when one of those three losses came from the 10-2 team, it's not unreasonable to expect the 10-2 team to be ranked higher. Not much higher, mind you, but higher. (I think we should just swap spots.)

Lots of voters agree and have just just ahead of VPI, but there are some a**holes like Bob Asmussen (Illinois beatwriter, it appears, so maybe just mad the Illini suck so much) who has us 23 and VPI 14. Check out the comparison from pollspeak.

muscleman2470

Flats Noob
Thought we'd fall a bit farther than 12. Clemson is barely hanging on to #25. Got to regroup and be ready for them in the ACCCG in Tampa, I'm so excited to be going!

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
All that matters now, wrt polls, is the final one.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like

We beat VT, finished with more wins than they did, and their last four wins are against ECU and the three worst teams in the ACC...

JOJATEC#1

Jolly Good Fellow
Thought we'd fall a bit farther than 12. Clemson is barely hanging on to #25. Got to regroup and be ready for them in the ACCCG in Tampa, I'm so excited to be going!

Right on Brother!! IM jacked to laty the wood to those hillbillies

DeRRtyTree

Dodd-Like
We'll be ranked above them after next week if we win, so I guess it doesn't really matter, other than pointing out the obvious, which is the pollsters are idiots sometimes.