#12 in Coaches' Poll

I don't see anyone dropping out of the top ten next week except for maybe Michigan, and a very slight chance with Stanford. We need to start whooping teams in order to jump up in rankings.

EDIT: Oh snap, Oklahoma is #1. Sounds about right too, they absolutely demolished Texas

Last edited:
I don't see anyone dropping out of the top ten next week except for maybe Michigan, and a very slight chance with Stanford. We need to start whooping teams in order to jump up in rankings.

I'm actually going to pick Michigan St on the money line. Double trouble if Michigan is favored. I think that's got a good chance to be the upset of the week.

Only eleven more to climb over. We can do it!

Go Jackets!

we'd need some serious upsets to happen, as well as some more Kansas-level statistical blowouts to get us there, and all of that is IFF we beat Miami, Clemson, VT, and UGA.

I heard on a radio show that it is statistically possible for there to be 6 undefeated teams after all the bowls and MNC are played. If that's true, what a huge mess for the BCS.

I heard on a radio show that it is statistically possible for there to be 6 undefeated teams after all the bowls and MNC are played. If that's true, what a huge mess for the BCS.

Screw the BCS, that's a huge mess for everybody lol.

Also the funny part is that Stanford got the Stanford treatment that was given to Boise St a few weeks ago where they won but dropped a rank for no conceivable reason.

True that it's possible: GT/Clempsen, K-State/OU/OK St, Mich/IL/Wisc, Houston, Boise State, Stanford, Alabama/LSU. Seven of those teams could go into bowl season undefeated. If so, one of them loses in the MNC game. Right now, that would probably still leave Stanford and Wisconsin on the outside of the MNC game and playing in the Rose Bowl, so I think even in a bizarro world without upsets down the stretch, you're looking at five at most. Three unbeatens from AQ conferences plus two from non-AQs would sure make an argument for a playoff.

But that's all crazy talk, as this is college football, and there will be unexpected upsets along the way that winnow down the list of undefeated teams.

It seems to be like that every year at this point in the season. But the teams that survive and advance and move on...there are usually at most 3 or 4. So I wouldn't worry too much about the teams ahead of us, b/c they play the games on the field not on paper. Just keep winning.

It seems to be like that every year at this point in the season. But the teams that survive and advance and move on...there are usually at most 3 or 4. So I wouldn't worry too much about the teams ahead of us, b/c they play the games on the field not on paper. Just keep winning.

as CPJ is so fond of saying: "Fortunately, they let us play the games."

GT is 6-0. Nobody on earth expected this. Take it from someone who was in diapers the last time this happened and did not savor 1990 near enough, breath this in,; enjoy the moment ; brag on the team ; and over look the warts. It doesn't last forever but for now we are perfect!

Part of me wants to burn Vad's redshirt and part of me doesn't.

We will be unfreakin'stoppable once he gets going.

No reason at all to burn the redshirt - Vad will get his chance.

HOWEVER - we could use a few more defensive bodies - so if we have any redshirts there...

Back