-SEC-
LSU
Alabama

-Non AQ-
Houston
Boise State

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I heard on a radio show that it is statistically possible for there to be 6 undefeated teams after all the bowls and MNC are played. If that's true, what a huge mess for the BCS.
It's not really statistics, but you can still have 7 undefeated teams after the bowls.

In the ACC, SEC, and Big 10, you can only have one undefeated team. The Big 12 can have multiple undefeated teams, except the current undefeated teams all play each other, so only one from there. Stanford can be undefeated coming out of the PAC 12. Then Boise St. and Houston can both go undefeated.

Theoretically, you could then have the Big 10 or Stanford defeat a 1 loss team in the MNC. Then the ACC wins the Orange vs a team with a loss, then the SEC wins the Sugar vs. a team with a loss, Stanford or the Big 10 wins the Rose Bowl vs. a team with a loss, then the Big 12 wins the Fiesta Bowl vs. a team with a loss, and Boise St. and Houston both miss the BCS and win other bowls.

... However, this is incredibly unlikely because a 1 loss team would not make the MNC with 7 undefeated teams out there. Also, Boise St. would not be snubbed by the BCS if they went undefeated. And in a world with 7 undefeated teams, the SEC and Big 12 would make the MNC, leaving Stanford vs. the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl. And all of that assumes 7 teams can get through the regular season and conference championship games without a loss.

awbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Part of me wants to burn Vad's redshirt and part of me doesn't.

We will be unfreakin'stoppable once he gets going.
I think your just wishful thinking... no sense on burning the red shirt.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I honestly believe that if CPJ thought unRedshirting Vad would put us in better shape to win then he'd do it tomorrow. There is a reason Vad is still sporting the red shirt. He's not ready to run our team against our remaining competition.

If, however, TW goes down, the redshirt goes in the trash can ready or not.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
If, however, TW goes down, the redshirt goes in the trash can ready or not.
Not if we're passed the point of no return (which we're quickly approaching).

He won't pull Vad's redshirt for 2 or 3 games regardless of where the team is.

ND_jacket

Helluva Engineer
The Big 12 can have multiple undefeated teams, except the current undefeated teams all play each other, so only one from there.
They're playing round-robin while they have 10 or fewer teams, so it's not just that the remaining undefeated teams in the league are playing each other this year.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
They're playing round-robin while they have 10 or fewer teams, so it's not just that the remaining undefeated teams in the league are playing each other this year.
I don't get your point. Theoretically, the Big 12 could have multiple undefeated teams because not all teams play each other. This year it just so happens that Kansas St, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St all play each other, resulting in a maximum of only 1 undefeated team from that conference.

gtcompscientist

Dodd-Like
I don't get your point. Theoretically, the Big 12 could have multiple undefeated teams because not all teams play each other. This year it just so happens that Kansas St, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St all play each other, resulting in a maximum of only 1 undefeated team from that conference.
Maybe he forgot that all the conference realignment killed the Big 12 CG this year?

MadTownJacket

Dodd-Like
Apparently today is the first time since Dec 6, 1982 that Miami, Florida and Florida St were all out of the polls.

ND_jacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe he forgot that all the conference realignment killed the Big 12 CG this year?
The Big 12 is playing a nine-game, round-robin schedule a la the former Pac-10. That means that it's not just a coincidence that all the undefeateds are playing each other this year. If the league were staying stable at 10 teams (no aTm defection), they would continue having everyone play everyone else. Pull up any Big 12 team's schedule and you'll see they're playing every other team in the league.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Part of me wants to burn Vad's redshirt and part of me doesn't.

We will be unfreakin'stoppable once he gets going.
QB isn't our problem lately.

Even Marino needed people to get their blocks off.