apon further review NJ isn't so bad. I remember reading a few articles back when Knowshon was out. I think there were 2 BCS running backs from that state at the time. Guess it kinda made me think it was a weak state. They are ranked around 16-20.
I think you had it right, it's not that good compared to GT's main recruiting areas (GA,FL,AL) especially considering how large of a state it is, but not many states are.

Groh had previously recruited Monroe (OT) from NJ, he was picked #8 in NFL draft.

probably Franco Harris, but all I know of him is from the historical stuff on the NFL channel

Probably gotta look at Penn State grads to spot other NJ products.

Hall of Famer who broke OJ's record in yardage. Have you even heard the name Jim Brown?

Penn State, Notre Dame, West Virginia, and Syracuse all recruited New Jersey heavily. It's not a great place for talent, but it's not Maine.

I'm sure someone has already noticed this but we don't have a single commit under six feet tall. Nice.

i never and still don't understand why teams do that. In fact, I'd lie the other way. Yes, I am 5'8 and I am SLOW as ----!! underestimate me.

i never and still don't understand why teams do that. In fact, I'd lie the other way. Yes, I am 5'8 and I am SLOW as ----!! underestimate me.

We listed Stephen Hill slower than he actually was.

We listed Stephen Hill slower than he actually was.

did we?
or are you just going by combine results?
if we did, thats smart!!

combine times are usually faster-indy is indoor and with that turf they can get out and go...plus they just spent the last few weeks working on speed and conditioning and not taking hits.

Back