Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
6'-5" is a monster LB. Or do we expect him to stay at SDE?

Dude plays with a serious motor and hits hard.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Would I be very off-base if I start to think this class might be one of the better classes of the last 2 decades? I don't follow recruiting very closely but I can't recall seeing this many quality guys commit this early at any time in the past and I go back a ways.

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Would I be very off-base if I start to think this class might be one of the better classes of the last 2 decades? I don't follow recruiting very closely but I can't recall seeing this many quality guys commit this early at any time in the past and I go back a ways.
Last year was pretty good.

jkernea

Jolly Good Fellow
From my old alma mater...Southeast has stepped it up the last few years. They won 0 games my entire 4 years...glad to have them relevant again (they were in state playoffs recently).

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Im not following the greater impact of the early signing day, but I speculated that it would help us. I could be way off base thinking that is a factor.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Looks comparable (to this point in the cycle) to all our other class under CPJ. 4* DB and a bunch of 3* is pretty much our MO leading into the season. Chimedza/Austin at DT makes it attractive because they were big needs. 2010 class was far and away CPJs best class on paper. 2017 was probably his second best. Ways to go for this class to catch those two, but it's possible.

Also the 2007 class blows everything else out of the water. Dwyer, Nesbitt, Morgan, Burnett, etc. If I were from a rival school I'd have assumed we cheated to pull that class in.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
From my old alma mater...Southeast has stepped it up the last few years. They won 0 games my entire 4 years...glad to have them relevant again (they were in state playoffs recently).
My nephew was the QB there just a few years ago!

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
Also the 2007 class blows everything else out of the water. Dwyer, Nesbitt, Morgan, Burnett, etc. If I were from a rival school I'd have assumed we cheated to pull that class in.
Cheated to get 4 guys? One of which we recruited at QB and no one else did?

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I'm confused what you're not understanding. Is that you aren't familiar with that class or that you aren't familiar with Tech recruiting in general.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/commitments/football/2007

#18 ranked class in the country - and that's just because we had a relatively small class. The three previous cycles we were #56, #62, #57. We pulled a top 100 player in Derrick Morgan from PA. Morgan, Dwyer, and Burnett are three of the Top 5 or so guys we've pulled in the last 20 years. Calvin's the only one I can think of that was up there that high.

ramblin' wagon

Fluke-like
Ban Hammer'd
I'm confused what you're not understanding. Is that you aren't familiar with that class or that you aren't familiar with Tech recruiting in general.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/commitments/football/2007

#18 ranked class in the country - and that's just because we had a relatively small class. The three previous cycles we were #56, #62, #57. We pulled a top 100 player in Derrick Morgan from PA. Morgan, Dwyer, and Burnett are three of the Top 5 or so guys we've pulled in the last 20 years. Calvin's the only one I can think of that was up there that high.
Threet was a prostyle QB. Donley, I don't even remember. Like I already said Nesbitt wasn't a 4* QB. Nothing you have said disputes my original post. Im not even sure what you are arguing.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Threet was a prostyle QB. Donley, I don't even remember. Like I already said Nesbitt wasn't a 4* QB. Nothing you have said disputes my original post. Im not even sure what you are arguing.
Threet should have stayed at GT. Going to Michigan ended up a disaster. Of course, him staying, if he did well enough, could have saved Chan's job so I guess him leaving was for the best.

Anyway, congrats to Luke Johns. I'm told by those up here he is a good catch, quick and has some size to him.

AlaGold

Dodd-Like
This guy DOMINATED his games--21 TFL in 9 games--my guess is he had bad competition or other P5 schools would after him.If he gets bigger and stronger,we might have a pass rush soon.