1226-6

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Hadn't seen this stat mentioned here. Since 2006, teams outgaining opponents by 286+ yards were 1226-6. Thanks to the UT game, we're one of the 6.

Very frustrating that both the Falcons in the Superbowl and Tech versus UT managed to find the exact, perfect recipe for losing a game that's impossible to lose.

Hopefully the team isn't as hungover from the UT game as I am. I was walking on campus earlier this week and the players were leaving practice. I overheard a guy (didn't recognize him) saying "if you look at the stats, we killed them..." It's frustrating to have an all-time performance statistically (especially by Marshall) and be unable to appreciate it because we lost the stinkin' game.

JRjr

Why does that stat track since 2006? Was that the first time a team outgained by 286+ yards won? Why is it 286? What is the record for teams outgained by 285+ yards?

Why does that stat track since 2006? Was that the first time a team outgained by 286+ yards won? Why is it 286? What is the record for teams outgained by 285+ yards?
Prood that you can make stats form any trend or conclusion you like.

Typo on my part - the stat is since 2004, not 2006. I assume they went back as far as they had readily available data. I doubt the trend is much different prior to 2004.

I assume it was 286 because that's the number by which we outgained UT. I would imagine the record for teams outgained by 285+ would be very similar.

You'll see right there in the stat (1226-6) that a team outgained by 286+ yards won 5 other times since 2004 - that's basically what the statistic means.

JRjr

At first I thought this was a yardage prediction for tomorrow

The only comfort I have in the face of the avalanche of metrics that testify to our fourth quarter futility is the magnitude of the TaMu meltdown.

You are up 44-10 in the third quarter. And you lose.

Losing to UT sux but if we had to lose a game while sharpening our blade for this season, I'm glad it was not against an ACC team.

The only relevant thing about that stat is , since 01/01/2017, only 1 team (AFAIK) has rushed for that and lost.

Hadn't seen this stat mentioned here. Since 2006, teams outgaining opponents by 286+ yards were 1226-6. Thanks to the UT game, we're one of the 6.

Very frustrating that both the Falcons in the Superbowl and Tech versus UT managed to find the exact, perfect recipe for losing a game that's impossible to lose.

Hopefully the team isn't as hungover from the UT game as I am. I was walking on campus earlier this week and the players were leaving practice. I overheard a guy (didn't recognize him) saying "if you look at the stats, we killed them..." It's frustrating to have an all-time performance statistically (especially by Marshall) and be unable to appreciate it because we lost the stinkin' game.

JRjr

Points are the only stat that counts.

Back