#14 for ‘21 - 3* OL - Eli Richey (AL)

Alabama kid that Key has had his eye on and been in contact with for several years now. Great get. Our lines are going to look so much different in about another year or 2.

I like it.

Hard to scout HS OL, cuz they obliterate everything in front of them and that is not what you are looking for. You want to see skills and traits.

I see good feet and easy movement, and great body posture on pass pro. Looks naturally strong and naturally agile, so he can get even better with both with some equipment and training. So with his size and makeup the sky is the limit.

Minor good stuff: plays both left and right. Takes his assignments seriously.

Stuff to work on, cuz HS. Stops after his goal. For example, buries a man on run blocking but never looks for a second target which with his movement skills should be easy. Stops moving his feet on pass pro and does not correct after he makes his initial textbook block.

Comes from a similar background to Brent Key, and at the end of the day may turn out to be a taller Brent Key.

93T.gif

Damn son! That’s 11 minutes well spent. I like this kid a lot. Clearly has that leadership quality. Like was mentioned above, he’s a small school kid so overpowered some of his competition. He’s hard to evaluate since camps were canceled in the spring, which didn’t allow him to compete against a higher caliber of athlete. Key will make him a player.

“I love to hit...That opponent across the ball from me, I want to destroy him truth be known.”

Alabama kid that Key has had his eye on and been in contact with for several years now. Great get. Our lines are going to look so much different in about another year or 2.
But so much like they looked 30 years ago. A group of road-grading bulldozers who just wanted to crush people.

Speaking of 1990 GT football and the national championship, Eli reminds me a lot of Joe Siffri. Joe was a cornerstone guard for that offense.
And Joe Siffri was one of the guys who rebelled against Ross at first but he came around as many others did.

Richey is a guy that Brent Key has basically been recruiting since 7th grade, when he started coming to Alabama summer camps.

Good get for the OL. I think he is a bit underrated. Small school and evaluators not on the road.

Keep an eye on Weston Franklin out of Jesup, who is getting futurecasts for us.

Jesup??? Damn, a homeboy double Yellow Jacket!!!

Definitely not a pipeline for GT athletes, but some good GT students and 2 of the first 3 Buzzes.

Jesup??? Damn, a homeboy double Yellow Jacket!!!

Definitely not a pipeline for GT athletes, but some good GT students and 2 of the first 3 Buzzes.
Including one of the best buzzes, a frat brother of @coit.

Curious if he played varsity basketball. If Key has been targeting him for a while, this guy is probably pretty good.

I need to know if he's willing to blow some kneecaps if one of our backs gets bodyslammed

Back