#16 - 4* DB - Kaleb Edwards - Dacula

0157E28F-F13B-4F6C-875B-DAEA1802E6C2.jpeg

Harvard offer, must be a smart cookie. BTW, how does one have a "Harvard offer" when Ivy league doesnt offer scholarships?

Man, I love this guy. He and Richey. Not saying I don't love the other guys, or saying he's better than the other guys. But Richey and Edwards are the kind of guys I want to build around.

Kaleb gets a lot of "easy" interceptions. Ya know why? He's aware. He knows what is going on around him. And he is in position. That's a lot of the battle in playing safety.

The game moves slowly for him. He's very quick diagnosing the play. Watch him. There is some point that the play "clicks" for him. Maybe it is a shift. Maybe it is play action he does not bite on. But, at least in the highlights, he knows where the play is going and he moves suddenly. I wouldn't say he is shifty, but I would say he moves decisively with quick acceleration.

How do you get to that level of play? You know your role. You know your defense. You study the other guys. You prepare, and then you play without fear or doubt.

My comp is Ed Reed. I am not saying Kaleb is Ed Reed; I am saying he plays HS football exactly the way Reed played HS ball. Reed was a bigger hitter, but we don't emphasize hitting the way we did and Reed has some senior tape, which Kaleb obviously does not have yet.

Edwards could also play offense for us, and do a great job. We don't need him, cuz we have some real skill coming in at wr and rb, but Edwards could be a combo wr/rb and not miss a beat. Plus wildcat.

He's just a football player. Love 'em.

The Ivy offer is nice, but the Stanford and Notre Dame offers are what's impressive here. Great get!
They have other ships. Technically not athletic.

The Ivys recruit. They are just hypocritical about it.

What an amazingly talented guy. I can't wait to see how we help him build his brand. That's going to be a huge multiplier for him and for Tech.

Harvard offer, must be a smart cookie. BTW, how does one have a "Harvard offer" when Ivy league doesnt offer scholarships?
They don't offer athletic scholarships but unless your family is raking in money you don't pay full freight. They have very generous grants funded by their endowment. The other Iveys complain that it gives Harvard an unfair advantage and they are probably correct.

Not as fast

Edwards is a great athlete, but Burnett was an elite athlete. Let’s not forget, Burnett started at CB his freshmen yr and did great.

Edwards is probably a bigger Jemea which is not shabby at all

I loved Jemea, I hope you are correct. What a well spoken young man, at 17/18!!!

Not as fast

Edwards is a great athlete, but Burnett was an elite athlete. Let’s not forget, Burnett started at CB his freshmen yr and did great.

Edwards is probably a bigger Jemea which is not shabby at all
I thought Burnett played safety as a true freshman. I seem to recall him getting a sack on a safety blitz against our blowout of Notre Dame in 07’...?

Back