1994 revisited?

JoltinJacket

► Ģŏ ʝąҁʞεɫʂ ◄
I hate to say it, but this whole situation reminds me of 1994. Not as far as ineligible players - just a total lack of discipline. Back then, the inmates were running the cellblock, so to speak. B*** L**** had lost the respect and control of the players. This time, either the players have done the same or Chan had no control to begin with. Is this all his fault? No. Perhaps he thought of them as professionals and thought they could handle themselves. After the way this team went in the tank late last year with all the adversity, I hate to think what could happen this year.

All I'm asking for is someone to step up and explain the situation, reassure the fans, DO SOMETHING! Don't run from the cameras like Dave Braine did this evening. Someone has to step up to the plate and grab the reins before this thing completely flies off the rails. If not, heads MUST roll. I don't think the major contributors will put up with this embarrassment much longer.

Just my 2¢

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
What happened with Braine and the TV cameras? info please.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He waved his johnson at the camera and screamed something about how much he hates effin GT athletics. Then he laughed maniacally and said that he and Gailey were "right on schedule...something, something...running Tech football into the ground', and how next year we would have pink jerseys and the coaches would wear high heels and mini-skirts on the sidelines.

No surprises for any regular readers of StinGTalk.

Originally posted by JoltinJacket:
I hate to say it, but this whole situation reminds me of 1994. Not as far as ineligible players - just a total lack of discipline. Back then, the inmates were running the cellblock, so to speak. B*** L**** had lost the respect and control of the players. This time, either the players have done the same or Chan had no control to begin with. Is this all his fault? No. Perhaps he thought of them as professionals and thought they could handle themselves. After the way this team went in the tank late last year with all the adversity, I hate to think what could happen this year.

All I'm asking for is someone to step up and explain the situation, reassure the fans, DO SOMETHING! Don't run from the cameras like Dave Braine did this evening. Someone has to step up to the plate and grab the reins before this thing completely flies off the rails. If not, heads MUST roll. I don't think the major contributors will put up with this embarrassment much longer.

Just my 2¢
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">_________________________________

JJ

I agree 100 %
Couldn't have aid it better myself

"He waved his johnson at the camera and screamed something about how much he hates effin GT athletics. Then he laughed maniacally and said that he and Gailey were "right on schedule...something, something...running Tech football into the ground', and how next year we would have pink jerseys and the coaches would wear high heels and mini-skirts on the sidelines"
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT.....Damn that Braine

When have we ever had 10 guys take the gas pipe before summer? NEVER!!! How many more guys of the approximately 55 are still sweating?

I know alot of the responsibility rests on the SA, but my GOD, I've heard the recruiting spill on "How we'll stick by your boy, and guide him through TECH"

As an alum, that statement is made by all our coaches past, present, and future. And that is why I am upset, because TECH has failed in the process also.

General Wood, You stated that Gailey was the least to blame of all. Should I be getting the feeling you are reneging on that statement and that you are now blaming Gailey for the failures of the SAs. Maybe I am misreading some of your statements.

Please clarify for me.

Thanks
smile.gif

Yes, this is the same as 94. Not only a lack of discipline but of MOTIVATION. No, Braine and Gailey will not accept accountability.

Originally posted by General Wood:
When have we ever had 10 guys take the gas pipe before summer? NEVER!!! How many more guys of the approximately 55 are still sweating?

I know alot of the responsibility rests on the SA, but my GOD, I've heard the recruiting spill on "How we'll stick by your boy, and guide him through TECH"

As an alum, that statement is made by all our coaches past, present, and future. And that is why I am upset, because TECH has failed in the process also.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">General: Couldn't agree more in your assessment of the processes failing and no one on top of the situation!!

No Sir...I think CG has the least blame in all of this. Bad recon, bad plan, and poor execution by other divisions.

Back