2 Offensive Linemen opting to not return

helluvaparamedic

Damn Good Rat
2 veteran offensive linemen, Charlie Clark and Jack DeFoor who have eligibility remaining have decided not to return for the 2021 season. It looks like both are on track to graduate.

Defoor played a lot. Who will replace him at starter? Was he LG or RG? Can’t remember öööö.

I think we are as good as we have been in years on the OL. Plus, perhaps Kenny Cooper will finally be 100% healthy this season, which helps.

One of our biggest OL problems is consistent shotgun snaps. We had a bunch of off timed option reads due to bad snaps.

LT -----------------------------------> RT

Cochran, Pendley, Minivan, Johnson, Williams -- think this is the obvious guess at starters next year. Can Quinny move inside to LG? Can't remember if he moved around in '19 or was strictly at LT. Will be an interesting group to follow in spring and summer. Will any of the 20' recruits push for time?

I think we are as good as we have been in years on the OL. Plus, perhaps Kenny Cooper will finally be 100% healthy this season, which helps.

Hope so. I thought he was damned good in '17 giving Benson room to run up the middle. Hoping he can replicate that season.

RR.com roster is updated to exclude departed seniors. If accurate, the only seniors using their extra year are:
- Brooks
- Tariq
- Clayton
- BJS
- Macrina
- Cooper
- R Johnson

RR.com roster is updated to exclude departed seniors. If accurate, the only seniors using their extra year are:
- Brooks
- Tariq
- Clayton
- BJS
- Macrina
- Cooper
- R Johnson

Hadnt seen anything on Brooks yet but that would be good news given Owens leaving and the state of affairs for the interior DL.

If Cooper is 100% may see him slide to guard.
Maybe. Depends on his weight, I suppose. If he comes in heavy, definitely guard. His best option for the NFL, imo, is center

Maybe. Depends on his weight, I suppose. If he comes in heavy, definitely guard. His best option for the NFL, imo, is center
You don't actually have to play center for the NFL to select you as a center. Just show them you can snap and recognize the mike.

You don't actually have to play center for the NFL to select you as a center. Just show them you can snap and recognize the mike.
If Peyton were still playing you don't even have to do that "52 IS THE MIKE! 52 IS THE MIKE! OMAHA!"

Clark got the start at RT against Duke.
If you recall Gibbs' first big run, it came with Clark in the game as he and Johnson both pulled on what looked like the old pejorative name for Native Americans counter trey.
Williams ended the previous game with some sort of foot or ankle problems, but even if healthy, I don't think that's something he could have done. So for that first series, and probably with that play call in mind, Clark got the start. Played quite a bit in that game too, IIRC.

Back