20-- National Champions

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
That’s a not so subtle hint.

Should have just inscribed it with “We’re paying you a lot of money”.

MidGABuzz

Dodd-Like
Jimbo hasn't even made it to the Spring game, and they pull out this trophy stunt? It may be in good fun, but geessh, terrible PR

05GTCorndog

Staff member
TAMU will always be an underachieving clown show.

Spend $500 million upgrading stadium? CHECK!
Spend $75 million on a head coach? CHECK!
Create fake, undated National Title Trophy in an attempt to one-up VPISU's empty trophy case? CHECK!

Clowns leading other clowns in a circle jerk of failure.

donsue

Flats Noob
TAMU will always be an underachieving clown show.

Spend $500 million upgrading stadium? CHECK!
Spend $75 million on a head coach? CHECK!
Create fake, undated National Title Trophy in an attempt to one-up VPISU's empty trophy case? CHECK!

Clowns leading other clowns in a circle jerk of failure.
My greatest memory involving TAMU happened in 1966 at Grant Field.
Gene Stallings, the A&M coach (who was butt hurt at Dodd for beating Bryant’s 1962 team on which he was a coach) made disparaging comments about Dodd and Tech before the opening game between the two. It royally pissed Dodd off (which was unusual). He told his team he REALLY wanted that game.
Tech scored with less than a minute left to go up 31-3. Dodd kicked off onsides and got the ball. Larry Good threw a bomb for a score as time was running out to make the final 38-3.
Because Stallings called Dodd’s team soft and not tough, Dodd reportedly told him at midfield after the game; “can we buy y’all a chili dog at the Varsity”

rain

Dodd-Like
Gene Stallings, the A&M coach (who was butt hurt at Dodd for beating Bryant’s 1962 team on which he was a coach) made disparaging comments about Dodd and Tech before the opening game between the two. It royally pissed Dodd off (which was unusual). He told his team he REALLY wanted that game.
Tech scored with less than a minute left to go up 31-3. Dodd kicked off onsides and got the ball. Larry Good threw a bomb for a score as time was running out to make the final 38-3.
Because Stallings called Dodd’s team soft and not tough, Dodd reportedly told him at midfield after the game; “can we buy y’all a chili dog at the Varsity”
Hahahahaha!
That's a great Story!

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Yeah, I was at that game. Great win to start a good season that ended horribly.

Sadly, the year before aTm came to GF (another opponent Dodd was afraid to go Home/Away series with) and beat Dodd despite GT having a Huge advantage personnel wise. I think the week before horrible Vandy tied GT

Very lazy boy coaching by Dodd.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Kirby Smart
University of Georgia

NEV-- NCAA Division 1 National Football Champions

ThisIsAtlanta

Break In Case Of Emergency
Staff member

Sadly, the year before aTm came to GF (another opponent Dodd was afraid to go Home/Away series with) and beat Dodd despite GT having a Huge advantage personnel wise. I think the week before horrible Vandy tied GT

I knew you'd complain about anybody coaching for us, but dang.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I knew you'd complain about anybody coaching for us, but dang.
Anything untrue said?

What could GT have done in 1965 if Vandy & aTm had not happened?

I guess you liked the way 65 started and 66 ended?

"All is well, no need to worry or try to improve. We have a stadium bigger than ugag. This dooley kid beating bama and Michigan don't mean anything. Hey, where did all those empty seats at GF come from? Tennis, anyone?"

Last edited:

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I was at that game as a Boy Scout usher. Lenny Snow and John Sias had pretty good games. I didn't know the intrigue though.

donsue

Flats Noob

I can’t imagine calling it “afraid” to go home and home with A & M. Actually, Dodd didn’t do it for two main reasons: 1) Tech made so much more money playing at home. That was long before the days of guaranteed payouts of big money for opponents coming to your venue, and 2) why would he want to travel to play in College Station, Texas?

He travelled all over the SEC to play teams, and frequently went to Notre Dame.

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Anything untrue said?

What could GT have done in 1965 if Vandy & aTm had not happened?

I guess you liked the way 65 started and 66 ended?

"All is well, no need to worry or try to improve. We have a stadium bigger than ugag. This dooley kid beating bama and Michigan don't mean anything. Hey, where did all those empty seats at GF come from? Tennis, anyone?"
Posts like these are why bigcry was invented