2003 Football Record

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
I have already pencilled two definite victories in the win column for GT, North Carolina and Duke.

I have two observations regarding the North Carolina and Duke seasons. All of the remaining teams in the league will really be on a high to beat both teams this year.

I feel the position, their schools have placed the two football teams, will be a heavy burden on both football teams. This will probably cost them games this year.

I believe the opposing teams in the league will also be down on the basketball programs of the two schools even moreso. This may be a detriment and cause the basketball teams to lose more games.

I want to chime in with my 2003 football prediction. So as to avoid skewing the point spreads, I'm going to predict based on groups, or difficulty levels, of the games.

Teams : Tech's record.
AUB, FSU, UGA : 0-3
NCSU, UMd, UVA : 1-2
BYU, CLEM, Wake : 2-1
VU, UNC, Dook : 3-0

So that's 6-6, and maybe we go bowling. Even though we may not have as much success as the last few years, I'm looking forward to the home schedule that features AUB, UGA, and a Thursday nighter against UMd.

420, An interesting new way to look at schedule but you had better move UVa up the list,Way up.That will be as tough as ANY ,up there.

Thats an interesting take Ahsoisee.....you could be right. Not that its the football programs of the two schools fault but they may pay a price for jeapordizing the league and its members.

This morning I read a magazine at the store, I believe it was Phis Steele's preview. He had GT as the surprise team in the ACC turning some heads this year and being btter than expected. If I had to predict a record, I'd say anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4.

Hey Gtfan (or ANYONE for that matter)....does anyone know what Phil Steele predicted for us last year??? I seem to remember checking out that magazine prior to last season. As those magazines go (not very reliable), Phil seems to do a pretty fair job. Of course there was NO way to predict all that befell us last year.

Anybody know???

8-4

Freshmen will mature fast and we will turn some heads! Don't even get me started on dem carolina schools
mad.gif
mad.gif
lightningzap.gif
drinking.gif

Originally posted by AlaGold:
420, An interesting new way to look at schedule but you had better move UVa up the list,Way up.That will be as tough as ANY ,up there.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I could probably move Wake down a level too, but then I'd lose the symmetry
smile.gif
. Anyway, I'm not convinced UVA is significantly better than UMd or NCSU...

JacketFan, Phil Steele had us last yr 5th in league with a 4-4 mark.Would have been higher but for strength of schedule .btw-(ironically one his big surprise picks was UNC)

Thanks AlaGold!! 4-4 in the league was right on the mark, right? We lost to Maryland, FSU, Wake, and Clemson.

My point is, if Phil Steele was right about us last year, could he be right about us this year?? I know he had UNC as the surprise team last year, but who knows?? I still have faith in our players and coaches!!

Back