2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

Per the Scout blurb, Demond Smith, 2011 QB/ATH, will be deciding between GT (assuming GT offers on his OV) and VT. Smith is from Monroe Area, which is the same HS as Tuitt and another good 2012 DE we have offered.

It would appear Demond is a pretty good player in his own right, having been offered by VT, who usually has pretty solid players across the board. Of course it would also be great if Demond could bring Tuitt and/or Whitehead to GT with him.

Thoughts or additional info from anyone else?

Per the Scout blurb, Demond Smith, 2011 QB/ATH, will be deciding between GT (assuming GT offers on his OV) and VT. Smith is from Monroe Area, which is the same HS as Tuitt and another good 2012 DE we have offered.

It would appear Demond is a pretty good player in his own right, having been offered by VT, who usually has pretty solid players across the board. Of course it would also be great if Demond could bring Tuitt and/or Whitehead to GT with him.

Thoughts or additional info from anyone else?

Smith wouldn't have much impact on Tuitt and Whitehead...Whitehead is likely SEC bound (Auburn)

But Smith is a good player himself. I would like to have him at GT.

Per another Scout blurb, looks like we are trying to get in on a Pitt committ, Max Issaka. At 6'3" 220, I guess he projects as an OLB unless he puts some serious weight on and moves down to DE. Hopefully we can pick him up amidst the current coaching uncertainty in Pitt.

Thoughts or info from anyone?

I'm happy to see us getting all these LBs (Mcnair, Caldwell, Hunt-Days, Cheeks, Marcoredes, Issaka?).

It seems we are thin on LB talent, so hopefully we can find a couple more Attaochu-type players at OLB, and add in a couple of tough guys at ILB who are big enough to mix it up with Guards and Centers and help shut down the interior run game.

Rivals is pumping up Errin Joe. He is a very large and strong man and is excited about GT. I really hope we get this guy.

Back