2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
Really like the addition of Airyn Willis...he's got some wheels!

I hope to add Vad Lee at QB...IMO he's the guy we need.

On defense Stephon Tuitt and Brian Randolph are big priorities

TechGator1066

Dodd-Like
I hope to add Vad Lee at QB...IMO he's the guy we need.
It seems like people are cooling on Marshall. Is it because of his interest in playing football and basketball, or is Lee simply the better QB? At this point, I'm on the fence; landing either of them would be great.

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
It seems like people are cooling on Marshall. Is it because of his interest in playing football and basketball, or is Lee simply the better QB? At this point, I'm on the fence; landing either of them would be great.
I personally like Vad more than Nick. Always have...I think he ends up at FSU because UGA should get Lemay.

I'd also love Malcolm Crockett at A back.

TechGator1066

Dodd-Like
Yeah, we shouldn't bother bringing him in at QB if he's an early NBA draft risk. That could put us in a bad position. I was under the presumption that he would be "football first."

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if he goes pro in BB after 3 seasons, it would be after his RS Soph year in football and he probably hasn't played a meaningful down yet, but has cost us a scholarship for 3 seasons. If he's a pro BB prospect at all, you probably don't want to invest a football scholly to him.

JWE37

Jolly Good Fellow
Even if he goes pro in BB after 3 seasons, it would be after his RS Soph year in football and he probably hasn't played a meaningful down yet, but has cost us a scholarship for 3 seasons. If he's a pro BB prospect at all, you probably don't want to invest a football scholly to him.
Or he could be the next Charlie Ward????

If he's talented I say we recruit the hell out of him and let the chips fall.

vrjacket

Varsity Lurker
Who is Brian's brother? Are you not confusing him with Jabari?
Justin. He was a walk-on, but I don't think he's on the team now. I think he's still enrolled though. If Justin has good things to say about Tech in terms of the athletics/social scene/academics that should help us.

Otherwise, we might get the Laron Landry, Garrison Smith, etc end of the deal.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Justin. He was a walk-on, but I don't think he's on the team now. I think he's still enrolled though. If Justin has good things to say about Tech in terms of the athletics/social scene/academics that should help us.

Otherwise, we might get the Laron Landry, Garrison Smith, etc end of the deal.
Yea seems like we don't many younger brothers.

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Or he could be the next Charlie Ward????

If he's talented I say we recruit the hell out of him and let the chips fall.
Sure, If you think he's that much better than anyone else on the roster and can learn the offense very quickly, of course you take a chance.

sutt0n

Damn Good Rat
gtland or gteric, are we going after any really big bodies that could play the nose? I'm a little concerned that we aren't gonna have the girth up front to really thrive playing a 3-4