2010/2011 Recruiting Thread

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the contributions. This is by no means a complete list. I'm gonna keep working on it. The Rivals and Scout databases have tons of players linked to us. The list here will be kind of long for awhile but I'll try to dwindle it down as news breaks in order to keep the list manageable and relevant.

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Added more names and links...hope this helps folks get to know who we're looking at.

sutt0n

Damn Good Rat
Hart and Carson look like ideal guys for a back. I would love to get either one of them. I'm really hoping jones embry or Marcus wright really has a break out year to help lure some higher ranked a backs.

sutt0n

Damn Good Rat
Says on rivals we want mattox at a position other than QB. Any guesses as to what that might be? Don't see him considering us if we don't let him play qb

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Added a few Chattahoochee players. QB Timmy Byerly, OL Matt Kiefer, and DE Barron Dixon.

GTland03

Jolly Good Fellow
dude.. I mean seriously.. you are plucking names out of the war room/insiders board/etc.

GTland03

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm also curious about Pat Martin. He's appeared on a couple of Scout articles as being high on the Jackets. Scout says he's a safety, but he weighs 210 as a junior. I have to think that by fall of 2011 he would be the right size for ILB, if he were to play with us.
Safety

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Byerly's picture is on the front page of your site. It doesn't take a insider's account to look at people's profiles either. I'm not giving any info on them. Y'all are the one's putting out the free info. Are you seriously mad about me posting links to their profiles, on which Georgia Tech is listed as having interest?

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Had to remove the ESPN links because they are really long and eat up too much of the 10000 character limit for posts. ESPN's profiles don't seem to offer as much free info on the players as Rivals and Scout either, although they do show free videos and the others don't so ESPN is still a decent resource. The link to ESPN's Georgia Tech recruiting page is still included at the top so you can look up players.

gt23eric

Dodd-Like
I wonder how the numbers will stack up next year.

I know we want at least 4OL.

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
Top three funniest names on list:
1. Xzavier Dickson
2. Brandon Chubb (if he's fat)
3. Martay Mattox

Wreck02

Damn Good Rat
1. Xzavier Dickson
BEAST... I'm from Griffin and I helped a buddy of mine from Scout film him this past season. He plays with a mean streak and has the frame to bulk up to 260+ and not lose speed and play OLB.

Verrrry good prospect!

Nashville Jacket

Dodd-Like
We are going after a lot of NC guys it seems. I assume they're guys that McCollum had already scouted and established relationships with when he was at NC State.

Highriser987

Dodd-Like
Do they offer coffee and donuts to new recruits that come look at the campus? I'm hungry for donuts right now. :D