2012 Recruiting Thread

meh, he was sold on the fact that they have no really good running backs this year and he might get to play right away, moreso than pro-style offense in my opinion

Pretty sure Mustafa Greene is back next year. They also like to run a one horse show when someone is clicking and Green will be the guy next year. He is also a redshirt Soph. next year IIRC.

Do we need somebody that badly to where we'd offer a 2 star?

I love CPJ, but he recruits marginally better at Tech than he did at Navy.

Or maybe because what we look for at A-back is a RB that most schools would not want since they want a full time RB who will get the ball 5 times more than our A-backs?

Based on what? Are you trolling?

Right now, Navy's class is ranked #111, and ours is #55 (Scout). Our recruiting is slightly better on average than under Chan or O'Leary. My gut feel is that we have fewer "busts" than under the last few coaches.

Trolling? Yeah, how many games do you have to watch Tech lose based on talent inferiority before you realize its a talent not coaching problem.

God we have a stupid fan base.

Trolling? Yeah, how many games do you have to watch Tech lose based on talent inferiority before you realize its a talent not coaching problem.

God we have a stupid fan base.

Here's what you said:
1. He recruits as well or better than his predecessors, but not a massive difference. For a team and coach like this, the gains will show up after he's been around for closer to 10 years--think TCU once there's a pipeline going.
2. Navy's recruiting "ranking" (for whatever that's worth) is 60 spots lower than GT out of 120 teams. How is that "marginal"?
3. No one said he was going to offer a 2* back. Someone wants him to offer that back.

You've got no room to call anyone stupid after writing that.

your right. I should be thrilled about having a top 55 class when our fan base wants to win ACC and national championships.

Miles Jones is a very good back...I talked to the Southeast recruiting guy for Rivals and he really likes Jones. I'm sure he will end up a 3*...he's had a big Senior season.

“When I told NC State that Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt were my leaders, they refused to give up on me and move on,” Thornton said. “That showed how much they wanted me because I’m sure if I had told the same thing to Georgia Tech or Vanderbilt, they would’ve moved on to other players.”

wat

What are you basing this on? We have actually seen only 3 of his classes on the field and many of those are awful young. The true test will be in the next few years. I still think we are 3 DL and a really good QB away from being undefeated.

While watching the Arkansas and Tennessee game yesterday, the announcers said that Arkansas had 17 seniors on their team this year. No wonder they have a good team. When and if Tech fields a team with close to half their starters as seniors they should be pretty darn good.

Orwin Smith was a 2-star.

So were Mike Cox, Adamm Oliver, Mansfield Wrotto, Vance Walker, Andrew Gardner, Gary Guyton and Philip Wheeler. 5 of those 7 are in the NFL (and playing) now.

Say smarter things.

Surely there are a ton of good running backs in the state. We got Thomas and Burnette at the last minute and they turned out pretty dang good.

any chance we offer Miles Jones soon?

The chances look pretty high:
http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...bout-official-visit/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Looks like they're waiting until after the UGA game to spend time on him though:
Allatoona High School’s Miles Jones said he talked over the phone with Georgia Tech assistant Brian Bohannon. The Yellow Jackets didn’t offer Jones but invited him to make an official visit in early December.

One wonders if we're mulling over waiting and trying again next year? We do have 3 BB's next year, and Drummond could move there if Nealy keeps playing so well at ILB.

One wonders if we're mulling over waiting and trying again next year? We do have 3 BB's next year, and Drummond could move there if Nealy keeps playing so well at ILB.

We already have Allen committed in the '12 class with an offer at BB. And why would we move our #2 ILB (assuming Nealy continues to be the starter) to BB - a position where we'll have 1SR (Watson), 1 JR (Sims), 1 SO (Perkins), 1 FR (Allen), and possibly another guy in Laskey if he switches back?

I keep hearing Perkins will move to A back in the spring. That will give us big and fast backs at that position. Right now the backfield seems to be set for the near future. We need some big uglys.

Back