2012 Recruiting Thread

1 scholarship left for Tomlinson and we're done right?

Does not sound like it, AJC reported that we might sign 19 or 20 on signing day, so if we are at 17 that would leave another 2-3 possible if the AJC is correct. Of course that is probably a big IF.

Does not sound like it, AJC reported that we might sign 19 or 20 on signing day, so if we are at 17 that would leave another 2-3 possible if the AJC is correct. Of course that is probably a big IF.

There could be a silent commit or two. If so, maybe Tomlinson is one of them. It's possible they have their class wrapped up assuming they don't lose any current commits.

There could be a silent commit or two. If so, maybe Tomlinson is one of them. It's possible they have their class wrapped up assuming they don't lose any current commits.

Could be I suppose, but I have not seen any speculation on any silent commits recently, does not mean it is not true but it is interesting that silent commit news has been 'silent' lately.

Could be I suppose, but I have not seen any speculation on any silent commits recently, does not mean it is not true but it is interesting that silent commit news has been 'silent' lately.

If we do have silent commits - shouldn't that mean that there isn't discussion about them.

Antonio Crawford is visiting Miami this weekend. So much for being committed to GT. Why would you visit the weekend before signing day?

Antonio Crawford is visiting Miami this weekend. So much for being committed to GT. Why would you visit the weekend before signing day?

I just saw that too, courtesy of our friendly neighborhood Rivals dude.

So they've got 30+ commits including atleast 6 DBs and are pursuing a more highly touted guy at your position but you still risk losing your offer for Boatz 'n' Hoez?

He has a Miami offer. And I can't imagine CPJ will let him go without pulling the offer. This is pretty much the exact reason the rule exists.

Also, Miami expects something like 8/9 early enrollees which is why they're getting away with such a huge class (31 and counting).

Young kids are enamored with "THE U". Does he realize that Miami is staring disciplinary actions in the face? Oh well, he he wants to step in it, let him go.YANK IT CPJ!!

Man, I really like Antonio Crawford. Really disappointed if this all goes down.

Man, I really like Antonio Crawford. Really disappointed if this all goes down.

Not looking good less than 1 week till NSD, this one came out of the blue.

I don't have any insight but have a bad feeling that since DT is going to announce on TV that it is likely going to be for Bama or even (gasp) Ugag. It just feels like an SEC type publicity move. Hope I am wrong about that.

I continue to dislike our strategy of pulling an offer to a verbal commit who takes a visit elsewhere. To me, it's like playing until the whistle blows. In recruiting, the whistle blows on signing day when the LOI is in. I think you have to keep recruiting right up to that point. But, CPJ obviously thinks it is the right strategy that makes the best sense for Georgia Tech and he is the one who has to live with the recruits he brings in. I'm OK with that. What I don't like is any kind of moralizing that we do this because of ethics; not if we are willing to offer and sign someone else's verbal commit.

It's like I read on another board, if he's ready to flip on you right now... he'll be ready to quit on you in the 4th quarter. Dump him.

Not looking good less than 1 week till NSD, this one came out of the blue.

I don't have any insight but have a bad feeling that since DT is going to announce on TV that it is likely going to be for Bama or even (gasp) Ugag. It just feels like an SEC type publicity move. Hope I am wrong about that.

Do we know if he got permission from CPJ first? Seems like that has happened in the past.

It's like I read on another board, if he's ready to flip on you right now... he'll be ready to quit on you in the 4th quarter. Dump him.

Note: this obviously doesn't apply to any body that would flip to us or wait to commit to us until this late in the recruiting came.

They'll quit for the first 3 quarters and only play in the 4th after they've made sure there are no better games on that day.

Back