2012 Recruiting Thread

gtzulu

ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED IN PROTEST OF EVIL SOFTWARE
If we get Dalvin, we're going to find some medical condition no one ever knew about during his first physical at Tech.
That's more likely to happen at Alabama, I hear.

Nashville Jacket

Dodd-Like
If we get Dalvin, we're going to find some medical condition no one ever knew about during his first physical at Tech.

Yes, I had great expectations of Denzel. Unfortunate it didn't work out for him and GT.
Which is why Tech must sign at least two Dalvin type caliber DL players every year. They can't hang their hat on one good player every other year (or two) and expect to field an above average defensive unit.

JT8217

Helluva Engineer
Which is why Tech must sign at least two Dalvin type caliber DL players every year. They can't hang their hat on one good player every other year (or two) and expect to field an above average defensive unit.
What about the rest of our DL commits for 2012? None are ranked as high, but all have significant talent.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Question
So I read on here somewhere that when Adams told PJ he was going to visit AU PJ said we had another kid visiting that could commit to his spot. Then Adams said "ok, Im not going." PJ then cancelled that kids' visit, then Adams went to AU anyways...

Is this true and, if so, where can I read about?

GT_JohnnyBodkin

Varsity Lurker
Question
So I read on here somewhere that when Adams told PJ he was going to visit AU PJ said we had another kid visiting that could commit to his spot. Then Adams said "ok, Im not going." PJ then cancelled that kids' visit, then Adams went to AU anyways...

an architecture kid that likes football? that's a first.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Maybe its changed but the people in my studios were much more "normal" than the average Tech student. But we still only wore shades of gray to the games.

GT_JohnnyBodkin

Varsity Lurker
Maybe its changed but the people in my studios were much more "normal" than the average Tech student. But we still only wore shades of gray to the games.
2 of my roommates were architecture majors during my sophomore year of college. . . They were extremely flamboyant and didn't know the difference between a touchdown and a touchback. I'm just messing with you though. You guys are MUCH more normal than EE's.

MtownJacket

Dodd-Like
Question

Adams changed his mind because Auburn actually offered a scholarship later. Then he called the coaching staff to let them know he was going to Auburn but it was too late to bring the kid in. But PJ offered the guy anyway, but he didn't commit.

BOS

Flats Noob
All I remember was PJ said if you're looking than so are we.

Auburn already has 3 solid tackles for this class, they don't need Will Adams but that's his choice.

McWreck

Varsity Lurker
All I remember was PJ said if you're looking than so are we.

Auburn already has 3 solid tackles for this class, they don't need Will Adams but that's his choice.
You would think he would have had a better chance for playing time with us. Now he will probably be riding the pine.

JabroniJacket

Flats Noob
I feel pretty good about our team as a whole. CPJ hasn't been everyone's favorite recruiter but I am starting to see the end result. I can't really explain the X's and O's of the offense but I really like the speed we have on the team now. We have several state Mr. Football players and speed we haven't seen in a long time. The replay of Prattville and Carver was on today and said J Thomas was a consistant 4.3 guy and clocked at 4.2 a few times. The game showed it! This guy on the edge would be stupid! I believe our offense finally has the players we need. As far as the D, I think we have as good as any linebacking, secondary crew as any. Our D line may be a weak point but CAG I trust will adjust. We'll see. I'm rambling, sorry. I just feel good about the guys we have on the team and I know CPJ can't wait to let them loose. GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!

JacketFan77

Bokonon High Priest
I feel pretty good about our team as a whole. CPJ hasn't been everyone's favorite recruiter but I am starting to see the end result. I can't really explain the X's and O's of the offense but I really like the speed we have on the team now. We have several state Mr. Football players and speed we haven't seen in a long time. The replay of Prattville and Carver was on today and said J Thomas was a consistant 4.3 guy and clocked at 4.2 a few times. The game showed it! This guy on the edge would be stupid! I believe our offense finally has the players we need. As far as the D, I think we have as good as any linebacking, secondary crew as any. Our D line may be a weak point but CAG I trust will adjust. We'll see. I'm rambling, sorry. I just feel good about the guys we have on the team and I know CPJ can't wait to let them loose. GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!
:biggthumpup: ----ing A. Preach on.

Lee34102

Helluva Engineer
And another Major Plus 1 from sunny SW Florida....................!!!

BerryGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Time for Recruiting Thread 2013!
If somebody else would like to start one this year, feel free. My job doesn't allow me the time to follow recruiting like I used to anymore. I wasn't able to keep the OP as up to date as I would have liked this past year.

GGGT

Jolly Good Fellow
If somebody else would like to start one this year, feel free. My job doesn't allow me the time to follow recruiting like I used to anymore. I wasn't able to keep the OP as up to date as I would have liked this past year.

Thanks for your efforts this year! :biggthumpup: