2015 AB & BB starters

Leggett, Snoddy and Andrews.

But my question is who are the backups? Even without injuries we need 3-4 AB's and 2 BB's.

PJ Davis would be a bad man at B-Back but we need him at LB.

How about Byerly in the Days/Sims tradition, since we should be developing new guys behind Thomas?

Initially, I liked your idea of Byerly. But seeing how good and valuable he was to us at the backup QB position..I must disagree.

I think we'll see C.J. Leggett w/ Connors next year. Unless Connors is a senior. Expect to see Mikell Lands-Davis's role grow and grow throughout the year...just like that freshman runninback's role did for FSU.

Offensive line: We will see Shamire Devine step in for Shaq Mason. This will be a great strength for the Jackets yet again.

We are gonna be GOOD.

I also like us to burn Nathan Cotrell's redshirt next year. Kid is freakin' white lightning.

Can't imagine it being anything other than Leggett/Andrews/Snoddy. Then you've gotta think MLD steps in to back up Leggett with a walk-on or maybe Allen (originally recruited at BB) in the mix. Not too worried about AB, we've got guys like Willis, Lynch, Searcy, etc who can get some reps in the spring. Probably burn a RS or two of the true frosh as well.

Quaide Weimerskirch is coming in early and going through Spring practice, so he will have the leg up on MLD for the back-up spot.

I also like us to burn Nathan Cotrell's redshirt next year. Kid is freakin' white lightning.

I agree that this might happen. Some of the AB recruits might end up playing as true freshman.. which is risky.. fumbles. However, I really like the A & B back class this year! They're all fast and powerful backs.

Pretty obviously AB Snoddy AB Andrews BB Leggett.

Backups are not as certain but will probably be AB Lynch AB Willis/Mclellan/Cottrell? BB Weimerskirch/Lands-Davis/Braswell?

I wonder if Marcus Allen deserves another shot at BB considering we only have one returning player there on scholarship.

I'm worried about this problem a lot too. If only JJ Green could start, it'd make me feel a bit better knowing we have some experience.

Everyone says this offense thrives when we have a good QB. But look at 70% of our plays- Dives. It's going to hurt without Laskey & Days (BOTH 6'2+ I might add). I think next year will be a dominant defensive performance, while 2016 will be another ACCCG appearance/OB.

I thought he was penciled in at WR? We are losing a lot there as well.

He is/was. And you're right we've only got Summers/Jeune/Messick returning other than him. So we'll probably have to burn at least one RS either way there.

Next year will be interesting. Snoddy and Andrew's ability to seal the edge will be a huge factor in determining where the ball goes. I don't expect the new guys to pick up the offense quickly, so I think there will be drop off in perimeter blocking and consequently perimeter runs.

bback position seems like an easier one to pick up. If MLD and leggett have the talent, I think it'll get picked up quickly.

wr will also be an interesting group to watch.

Agree that Leggett is probable BB starter.

Snoddy and Andrews will be your AB starters.

#2 BB is key because it's hard to stay healthy all year and that's some tough sledding when we have back to back death marches. I think it will come down to two things: ball security and blocking. Running ability virtually never determines who gets the nod. QW definitely has an advantage getting to go through spring, but MLD has SO much talent and looks very developed physically. Kirvonte Benson is another that will get a look at BB - very physical, good balance, and runs behind his pads (also is Snoddy fast) but might be a bit small, has a legit shot at one of the AB spots. Just have to see where he fits the best.

#3-4 ABs are also a big deal. Even though it seems like we have way too many ABs, you need a lot of capable guys as Bostic really struggled blocking FSU. KB may get a look at AB, very similar to Snoddy physically (that speed would be sweet at BB though). Nathan Cottrell is possible, AJ Gray could get a look at AB, Omari Jaharett is an AB, just have to see who picks up the blocking in space the best. Other options are some of the QB/WR/DBs who might switch to AB if they won't get on the field at their recruited positions.

Back