2018-19 revenue for each P5 conference and per-team distribution

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
The Power Five college sports conferences had more than $2.9 billion in combined revenue for their 2019 fiscal years, the conferences’ new federal tax records show.

1. BIG $781.5M ($55.6M)
2. SEC $720.6M ($45.3M)
3. Big 12 $439M ($38.2M to $42M)
4. PAC 12 $530.4M ($32.2M)
5. ACC $455.4M (varied from $27.6M to $34M. Notre Dame received $6.8M)

Damn the disparity is huge between 5 and 1.

Why is there a variation in the ACC. Who gets more? Why?
Why are we taking in less than the PAC12 given our superior performance in both football and basketball?

The Power Five college sports conferences had more than $2.9 billion in combined revenue for their 2019 fiscal years, the conferences’ new federal tax records show.

1. BIG $781.5M ($55.6M)
2. SEC $720.6M ($45.3M)
3. Big 12 $439M ($38.2M to $42M)
4. PAC 12 $530.4M ($32.2M)
5. ACC $455.4M (varied from $27.6M to $34M. Notre Dame received $6.8M)

The real question is why doesn’t the Big 10 have more championships?

West Coast has more TV sets would be my guess.

There are some big population centers out there -LA, Bay Area, Phoenix
But then why isn’t the ACC taking in more with the population centers of Miami, Charlotte, Chicago (for Notre Dame), New York ( tho it’s more a pro sports town)
And Atlanta

But then why isn’t the ACC taking in more with the population centers of Miami, Charlotte, Chicago (for Notre Dame), New York ( tho it’s more a pro sports town)
And Atlanta

Well, I think ND has their own TV contract, so you really can't count Chicago. You point out one of the problems though, Phoenix metro is almost twice the size of Charlotte.

As much as I hate to say it, the payouts make Maryland's move to the BIG look pretty good financially (which is the reason they gave for jumping).

Wow, I knew we trailed the SEC and the B1G, but I didn't know it was this bad.

This is disturbing and all the reason Swofford should’ve been gone.
I agree but the Big and Sec have more eyes wanting to watch. Both from graduates and states where those teams are the big deal. Don’t like Swofford but not sure how he would change those things.

And Atlanta
In South Florida you get Big games over the ACC usually unless it is Miami playing. Charlotte no clue. Chicago, ND has their deal. New York would be Giants, Jets, NBA, etc, Syracuse only sometimes basketball. I would guess more Big there over ACC. This is correct imo because of eyeballs watching and not just populations ordering espn/abc.

I agree but the Big and Sec have more eyes wanting to watch. Both from graduates and states where those teams are the big deal. Don’t like Swofford but not sure how he would change those things.

More eyes doesn’t cut when you have a premier revenue sport (ACC Basketball). He screwed the pooch with the ACC network being so late

More eyes doesn’t cut when you have a premier revenue sport (ACC Basketball). He screwed the pooch with the ACC network being so late
Sec football and Big football/basketball is better vs ACC b-ball. I agree about the ACC network. I don’t like the payouts at all I just feel they are somewhat in line with the product.

Back