2019 ESPN ACC Coastal Preview

gtrower

Dodd-Like
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27196399/undefined

...and it would be hard for anything beyond "Georgia Tech, division champ" to surprise us much. So ... congrats in advance to the Yellow Jackets.
Collins is an energetic guy with a creative streak, but there's going to be a lot of experimentation -- too much, perhaps, to also field a good team.
The season begins with a Week 1 ritual sacrifice at Clemson. Maintaining composure after that might be difficult, and moving on quickly will be important, as the two most likely wins on the schedule (USF and The Citadel) come in Weeks 2 and 3. Lose either of those, and you're looking at a long slog of a season, one in which "creativity" and "willingness to try different things" turn into "we have absolutely no idea what might work."
Media, sing it from the ööööing mountain top. Tell this team how ööööty they are every chance you get. Feed them.

thegtstunner08

Earl of Cheap Seats and Cold Pizza
I don't think our coaches will let our players stay down. They know how to motivate and inspire. I think we do better thank most people think but I am keeping my expectations at a minimum.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sorry but S&P may be the öööötiest metric ever devised. That Miami can be 7-6 and 27th in the country while Tech was also 7-6, with the head to head win over Miami, and be 74th in the country, only 14 spots ahead of 2-9 UNC, tells me this measurement system is completely worthless.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Clemson is breaking in a lot of new defensive players. Sure, they are highly rated, but we have the advantage of knowing where the ball is going. Plus, our offensive line is going to be much better than what they are being given credit for. One good pop on golden boy and we might see a game like when we busted up their other QB at BDS not long ago (can't offhand remember his name - the one from the Buford area).

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
Clemson is breaking in a lot of new defensive players. Sure, they are highly rated, but we have the advantage of knowing where the ball is going. Plus, our offensive line is going to be much better than what they are being given credit for. One good pop on golden boy and we might see a game like when we busted up their other QB at BDS not long ago (can't offhand remember his name - the one from the Buford area).
Deshaun Watson maybe?

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I swear some of these writers act as if we don't practice at all in the offseason and are just going to go out there with no idea what we're doing.

JJacket

Deshaun Watson maybe?
I guess that was him. Replacement came in and threw a pick. May have even been a pick 6. I am foggy on it now. I just know we beat them and they were heavily favored

JJacket

I swear some of these writers act as if we don't practice at all in the offseason and are just going to go out there with no idea what we're doing.
Practice? You talking Practice? Practice???

JJacket

I hear we may even start lifting weights and doing a bit of cardio

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
I thought it was a good article. Tech has way too many question marks and you guys seem to think that our OL is going to push people around. That is not happening. Add in that we have no experienced QB in the new system and that our front seven is very weak and has no depth for help, and it's a recipe for potential disaster. We could go 1-11 and may be favored in only one game.
But I am rooting for 6-6. It would be a major accomplishment to go to a bowl game.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I guess that was him. Replacement came in and threw a pick. May have even been a pick 6. I am foggy on it now. I just know we beat them and they were heavily favored
Like 3 plays later their backup tried to throw a WR screen to the left and Golden was sitting on it for a Pick 6. But it’s not like Watson was torching us before that (3 points on 2.5 drives). We had clearly scouted that play so who’s to say Golden doesn’t do the same thing to Watson anyway.

Also, not to be confused with

gtownjacket

Varsity Lurker
If we can somehow have a decent to good year this year, the sky is the limit on the recruiting front.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Cole "slaw" Stoudt in '14?

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Just for the record it was NOT a chop block. It was a non-contact open field knee blowout. {continue}

Killick

“The past is never dead. It's not even past.”
Like 3 plays later their backup tried to throw a WR screen to the left and Golden was sitting on it for a Pick 6. But it’s not like Watson was torching us before that (3 points on 2.5 drives). We had clearly scouted that play so who’s to say Golden doesn’t do the same thing to Watson anyway.

Also, not to be confused with

I think the Milton run was the fastest I had seen anybody run on Grant Field since Bo Jackson turned the corner in the 4th quarter in 1985.