2019 Georgia Tech Baseball Schedule

Discussion in 'Other GT Sports' started by Hawkeye, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Cruncher of the Numbers

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    Hey everyone, I've been working the last few days on trying to nail down the schedule since GTAA hasn't announced anything yet.

I will say that what I have is not official, but I think it's really really close. See below for the link. We have a lot of really good non-conference games this year - the usual deal with Georgia and Auburn - but UCLA and Northwestern are also coming to Atlanta.

Notes:
    • I'm not entirely sure on the dates of the Western Carolina series (could be Fri-Sun or Thurs-Sat) or even where that series is. They haven't posted their schedule yet either (we are not alone!). I have it listed as home, but don't bet the farm on that. WCU came to Tech in 2016 for a 3 game series, so I guess that it's possible that we go there in return.
    • I could be missing a midweek game or two late in the season. I'm thinking that we play someone on May 7th, but I can't find anything definitive.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hawkeye

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    Western Carolina has announced their 2019 schedule. It confirms what I had speculated in the visual schedule posted above. The dates on that series are as follows:

Friday, May 3: Western Carolina @ Georgia Tech, 7:00pm
    Saturday, May 4: Western Carolina @ Georgia Tech, 4:00pm
    Sunday, May 5: Western Carolina @ Georgia Tech, 1:00pm

3. LambdaChiGT

LambdaChiGT Dodd-Like

Loc:
    VaHi
    Team:
    Golden Tornados
    Nice work! Odd that we still haven't announced it.

4. 77GTFan

77GTFan Dodd-Like

Loc:
    North Carolina
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Hawkeye, would you like a job in the Sports Information Department? Never in history has someone been able to get the full schedule of a team that the school has yet to release by going to the websites of all the schools we play to see their schedules that have been up for weeks, and in some cases, months. Are we fearful that Tech fans might want to see this team play?

5. Hawkeye

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    With only two months before the season starts, GTAA should be trying their absolute best to sell tickets right now... not forcing undue work upon the few people who actually seem to care. I would literally do their jobs for them (at a considerable discount) as far as GT baseball goes. It's really sad to see the state of our athletic department.

• Like Like x 3
  6. EffinDane

EffinDane Dodd-Like

Loc:
    BDS@HGF
    Team:
    GT
    Have you emailed Todd?

7. nw ga jacket

nw ga jacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Summerville
    Team:
    Ga tech
    Really hard to understand why the schedule is not released. I would think that 95% of all schools have already done so. I agree, time to be drumming up excitement, not bewilderment. I assume that we will all have a copy in our stocking on Christmas morning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hawkeye

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    Sadly not 80k-ing enough for TStan to care about me right now.

9. BuzzedATL

BuzzedATL Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Atlanna
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Home series vs UCLA, UNC, UVA, Clemson - that's a great schedule. Travelling to Miami and Louisville is tough but if we can go 3-3 across those two trips (Miami may be rebuilding this year) we might be in great shape. We return a lot of pitching talent and we were no slouch on offense last year either. Could actually be a pretty good year if we stay healthy and don't fall asleep for the beginning of conference play.

10. Hawkeye

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    I've made another discovery. If you try to buy season tickets for baseball, it gives you the home schedule (see attached). So if I'm missing a mid-week game in late April/early May, it will be on the road.

Attached Files:

11. coit

coit God-Like

Loc:
    ATL
    Team:
    Georgia School of Technology
    So you can buy season tickets but can't know the schedule? Weird.

12. nw ga jacket

nw ga jacket Varsity Lurker

Loc:
    Summerville
    Team:
    Ga tech
    Well, I didn’t get the schedule in my stocking like I was hoping for. WTF , release the damn thing. Must be a resolution for the new year.

13. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    the season is literally a month away. What the hell is going on? Has anyone reached out to the AA about this?

14. LambdaChiGT

LambdaChiGT Dodd-Like

Loc:
    VaHi
    Team:
    Golden Tornados
  15. FHstinger

FHstinger Jolly Good Fellow

Loc:
    Canton, GA
    Team:
    My two favorite teams are TECH and whoever's playing Georgia.
    Well, sadly, I won't be renewing my season tickets this year. This will be ending a streak of 24 straight years for me. I may go to a few weekend games this season, maybe nine at the most. The downward spiral of GT Baseball has been allowed to continue just too long for my liking. The record for the last seven years speaks for itself, and the #17 pre-season ranking does not make any sense to me.

For 2019, Tech has retained the 63-year-old Danny Hall to rest on his laurels, having gone to the CWS in 1994, 2002 and 2006. Look for another ~13-17 record, and a ~9th place finish for GT in the ACC for the 8th year in a row under Hall.

2012. This is when the slide began seven years ago. GT baseball has not had a winning record in ACC play ever since.

2012...12-18 ACC...38-26 overall...lost Gainesville Regional to Florida
    2013...15-15 ACC...37-27 overall...lost Nashville Regional to Vanderbilt(defeated Vandy once with Heddinger shut-out)
    2014...14-16 ACC...37-27 overall...lost Oxford Regional to Washington(never got to play Ole Miss before elimination)
    2015...13-17 ACC...32-23 overall...no regional(lost last five games of the year)
    2016...13-16 ACC...38-25 overall...lost Gainesville Regional to Florida
    2017...11-19 ACC...27-28 overall...no regional(first overall losing record since 1981)
    2018...14-16 ACC...31-27 overall...no regional

Average ACC record for the last seven years: 13-17

Average ACC tournament seed for the last seven years: 9

Note: Tech has lost 8 of last 9 ACC tournament games dating back to 2014, with the only win versus last place BC, a play-in game in 2016. Also, the Yellow Jackets have lost 8 of last 9 to uga, while being swept by the dawgs the last two years.

Does Todd Stansbury expect us to renew our season tickets, show up to the Rusty C, and painfully watch this happen again for the 8th year in a row? I don't think so.

16. Hawkeye

Loc:
    Toombs County
    Team:
    Beesball
    I live too far away for buying season tickets to make sense anyway. I will attend games when I can and support the TEAM however I can... but, I definitely understand your frustrations. Our entire athletic department needs to have a fire lit under them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. southendzoneBEE

southendzoneBEE Gailey-Like Ban Hammer'd

Loc:
    Watkinsville
    Team:
    Georgia Tech
    Absolutely pathetic it took this long to post the schedule.

• Like Like x 1