2019 Georgia Tech Lacrosse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
7-3 Jackets at half. I like watching them getting physical on contested ground balls, reminds me of the team when I played. We’ve had some really great feeds to the inside for goals and killed two man up opportunities for F$U. Need to keep up the effort in the national tourney. Everyone here is good.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
12-7 Tech over F$U. Physical game that got pretty chippy at the end. What worries me a little is that we didn’t take advantage of man-up situations as well as we probably should have and goal production slowed down a lot in settled situations in the second half. From memory, I think we had one goal in about a handful of man-ups. On the flip side, F$U had about the same or worse production rate.
Not complaining about a 12-7 score line, but it gets a lot tougher after this. Cal awaits on Thursday evening. I believe the game is 6:30pm est. Everything on the MCLA website for the tournament is local time for Salt Lake.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Can anybody explain the seeding? We’re number 2 in the polls behind Cal, one loss on the season, won a game @Chapman, but are seeded behind Chapman at #4?

ee8384

Cynic At-Large
Can anybody explain the seeding? We’re number 2 in the polls behind Cal, one loss on the season, won a game @Chapman, but are seeded behind Chapman at #4?
Think of Chapman as the Duke of MCLA.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
I think Chapman won their conference championship over #4 ranked Arizona State.
1. Cal - Undefeated Conference Champs
2. Chapman - Conference Champs with recent win over #4 ranked team, only losses this year are to #1 and #2 ranked teams (GT and Cal)
3. South Carolina - Conference Champs with recent win over #2 (GT)
4. GT - highest possible ranking IMO with no conference title win

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I think Chapman won their conference championship over #4 ranked Arizona State.
1. Cal - Undefeated Conference Champs
2. Chapman - Conference Champs with recent win over #4 ranked team, only losses this year are to #1 and #2 ranked teams (GT and Cal)
3. South Carolina - Conference Champs with recent win over #2 (GT)
4. GT - highest possible ranking IMO with no conference title win
This would make perfect sense. If Tech hadn’t beaten Chapman on the road. Or had more than 1 loss.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
This would make perfect sense. If Tech hadn’t beaten Chapman on the road. Or had more than 1 loss.
All that means is the championship would take Chapman Cal instead of Cal Chapman. I have a bad feeling we cant win enough face-offs.

Personally I think the game is too faceoff centric. After a goal it should start like basketball or soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.