2019 Georgia Tech Lacrosse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
7-3 Jackets at half. I like watching them getting physical on contested ground balls, reminds me of the team when I played. We’ve had some really great feeds to the inside for goals and killed two man up opportunities for F$U. Need to keep up the effort in the national tourney. Everyone here is good.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
12-7 Tech over F$U. Physical game that got pretty chippy at the end. What worries me a little is that we didn’t take advantage of man-up situations as well as we probably should have and goal production slowed down a lot in settled situations in the second half. From memory, I think we had one goal in about a handful of man-ups. On the flip side, F$U had about the same or worse production rate.
Not complaining about a 12-7 score line, but it gets a lot tougher after this. Cal awaits on Thursday evening. I believe the game is 6:30pm est. Everything on the MCLA website for the tournament is local time for Salt Lake.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Can anybody explain the seeding? We’re number 2 in the polls behind Cal, one loss on the season, won a game @Chapman, but are seeded behind Chapman at #4?

ee8384

Cynic At-Large
Can anybody explain the seeding? We’re number 2 in the polls behind Cal, one loss on the season, won a game @Chapman, but are seeded behind Chapman at #4?
Think of Chapman as the Duke of MCLA.

GTD1Lax

Varsity Lurker
I think Chapman won their conference championship over #4 ranked Arizona State.
1. Cal - Undefeated Conference Champs
2. Chapman - Conference Champs with recent win over #4 ranked team, only losses this year are to #1 and #2 ranked teams (GT and Cal)
3. South Carolina - Conference Champs with recent win over #2 (GT)
4. GT - highest possible ranking IMO with no conference title win

gtrower

Dodd-Like
I think Chapman won their conference championship over #4 ranked Arizona State.
1. Cal - Undefeated Conference Champs
2. Chapman - Conference Champs with recent win over #4 ranked team, only losses this year are to #1 and #2 ranked teams (GT and Cal)
3. South Carolina - Conference Champs with recent win over #2 (GT)
4. GT - highest possible ranking IMO with no conference title win
This would make perfect sense. If Tech hadn’t beaten Chapman on the road. Or had more than 1 loss.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
This would make perfect sense. If Tech hadn’t beaten Chapman on the road. Or had more than 1 loss.
All that means is the championship would take Chapman Cal instead of Cal Chapman. I have a bad feeling we cant win enough face-offs.

Personally I think the game is too faceoff centric. After a goal it should start like basketball or soccer.

AmpuTECHture

The Poster Formerly Known as Ceiling Cat
öööö, it's tied with 13 left. At the game now. Beautiful day

Status
Not open for further replies.