2020 Reseating

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
I got an email last night from GTAA about season ticket reseating for 2020. The timing doesn’t seem coincidental - reaffirming that they ACC intends to play games on the same afternoon that 2 P5 conferences cancelled their seasons.

The process seems straightforward. You’ll get a time ticket on the 19th based on AT points. At your appointed time between August 26th and September 9th, you’ll go online and view any remaining seating blocks that match your number of tickets. (So I’ll only see blocks of 2 seats, since I have 2 tickets.) Depending on Tech Fund difference between your normal seats and your 2020 seats, you’ll pay the increase or receive a refund or donate the decrease. Then you’ll receive electronic tickets.

Coordinating with others is sort of low-tech. You just wait until whoever has the latest time ticket and then try to pick blocks near each other. (2 groups of 2 can’t pick a block of 4, they just have to find 2 blocks of 2 near each other.)

No word on what the capacity will be. I’ll be curious to see how much they space out the seats and how they handle band/students. I’ll be somewhat curious to try out a different part of the stadium - I’ve only ever sat in lower east other than for spring games. Any advice on where I should be looking? Upper East? West?

JRjr

I was in upper West for a dozen or so years and have been in what I call lower-upper East (3rd row, you walk down to the seats instead of up) for a dozen years. I originally had tickets with my dad until his passing in 2013, and he always preferred to sit higher as you can see more of the field.

I have a friend with club seats, and I’ve sat there on a few occasions, other than the beer, for watching the game I prefer my seats in u-l East over lower level.

Sat in the upper east for years, good view anywhere no relief from the sun. Finally decided to spring for the gold section, you can go inside get out of the sun, close restrooms,concessions. However, will there be concessions, and the RR have to be available,right?

FWIW, I currently sit in the back of lower East under the overhang by the club seats. Decent elevation and some shade for early games. Since our schedule isn’t quite so sun-brutal this year, I’d be curious to try UE.

Is any part of the west side better/worth considering?

JRjr

I ended up reducing to 2 seats as 2 people in my group dropped out. I'm hoping based on my AT points I can stay in 102/103 area since 2 seats is easier to find vs 4.

I ended up reducing to 2 seats as 2 people in my group dropped out. I'm hoping based on my AT points I can stay in 102/103 area since 2 seats is easier to find vs 4.

I dunno how that’s going to go. The recent info sounds like they’re going to have a certain number of blocks of numbers of seats (presumably some 1-seat, 2-seat, 3-seat, etc. blocks) “distributed fairly” around the stadium. (Presumably they know roughly how many of each block type they’ll need based on survey info and other info.) When you log in, you’ll only see blocks matching your number of seats (you can’t just grab 2 seats out of any larger block). So you’ll be at the mercy of where the 2-seat blocks are available and how many 2-seat people picked before you.

I’m kind of resigned that I won’t get something close to my current seats, but I’m hopeful that I’ll at least make it in. Gotta figure that some of the folks at the top of the AT list are older and opted out, and hope that they won’t just take their tix to scalp.

JRjr

I got an email last night from GTAA about season ticket reseating for 2020. The timing doesn’t seem coincidental - reaffirming that they ACC intends to play games on the same afternoon that 2 P5 conferences cancelled their seasons.

The process seems straightforward. You’ll get a time ticket on the 19th based on AT points. At your appointed time between August 26th and September 9th, you’ll go online and view any remaining seating blocks that match your number of tickets. (So I’ll only see blocks of 2 seats, since I have 2 tickets.) Depending on Tech Fund difference between your normal seats and your 2020 seats, you’ll pay the increase or receive a refund or donate the decrease. Then you’ll receive electronic tickets.

Coordinating with others is sort of low-tech. You just wait until whoever has the latest time ticket and then try to pick blocks near each other. (2 groups of 2 can’t pick a block of 4, they just have to find 2 blocks of 2 near each other.)

No word on what the capacity will be. I’ll be curious to see how much they space out the seats and how they handle band/students. I’ll be somewhat curious to try out a different part of the stadium - I’ve only ever sat in lower east other than for spring games. Any advice on where I should be looking? Upper East? West?

JRjr
I was told they are shooting for 25% of capacity

Is that newer than TStan’s 15-30% number from a few days back? 25% seems reasonable based on a gut sense of what that would look like, but presumably some of those 25% would be in the top of upper north to maximize spacing and capacity.

JRjr

3C9D8DCC-7017-4E20-94D7-C2D7C9B8674B-392.gif

Is that newer than TStan’s 15-30% number from a few days back? 25% seems reasonable based on a gut sense of what that would look like, but presumably some of those 25% would be in the top of upper north to maximize spacing and capacity.

JRjr
Monday of this week. Probably will depend on how many opt to keep season tickets.

Monday of this week. Probably will depend on how many opt to keep season tickets.

The survey deadline was the 7th, so they should have some sense of the upper limit of how many plan to attend (and there will presumably be more attrition during the selection process).

JRjr

Are students going to be allowed in the games, or is it pretty much going to be season ticket holders only?

It will be VERY interesting how many tix are allocated to students.This may be the chance to kill that silly idea that college football is an educational experience and that students should get priority over the "gold seats".

Talked with a rep the other day and she said we will only have visibility for the pod size equal to our number of desired tickets.

JRjr
The plan a friend and I have (I have 5 seats/he has 2) is I will select at my time and then tell him where my seats are when his turn arrives. After seeing available locations he can opt completely out and I will sell him one of my seats. Once we commit to a specific number, after seat locations are made available it is all or nothing. I had wanted to reduce my number if the location was not optimum but was told that was not possible.

Back