2021-22 Team

gtphd

He / Him / His
I want an international recruiter on staff. Paul Johnson is available AND he has coached basketball before.
Looking for someone with international experience, NBA (G-League) experience, college coaching experience? He's been to the national championship game and recruits really well.

(I love how his Wiki picture is a surrender cobra)

GoGATech

Big Dummy
You can hire an agent and retain college eligibility now? How does that work?
Buried in this article, rule change in 2018 --->https://www.insidehighered.com/news...ayers-have-agents-return-college-if-undrafted

"The NCAA will allow agents, effective immediately, to represent college players who are both NBA- and NCAA-certified (by no later than August 2020 for the NCAA certification). What NCAA certification means has yet to be shared. Athletes would also need to request an evaluation from the NBA’s Undergraduate Advisory Committee, in which NBA executives tell potential draftees the likelihood of their draft position.

Agents would be allowed to cover only limited expenses such as meals and transportation, and the contract with them would need to be terminated if the athlete went back to college.

Such relationships with agents have traditionally been forbidden for players, an attempt by the NCAA to preserve the concept of amateurism in college athletics. Critics say this has led to a shadowy market springing up in which players receive money from agents under the table."

bonham

Dodd-Like
I think basketball is looking more promising than football right now. Especially if we can get significant development out of the big men, which if history is any guide, we will.

I think basketball is looking more promising than football right now. Especially if we can get significant development out of the big men, which if history is any guide, we will.
I watched Saba's minutes from the regular season blowout Miami game and he looked like he has potential. Rodney's defensive performance against Loyola was lacking I thought but he was good in the ACC Tournament.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Both have passed baseball. This in spite of the fact that we have more advantages in baseball recruiting.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Both have passed baseball. This in spite of the fact that we have more advantages in baseball recruiting.
The year in, year out floor in baseball is almost always going to be higher than the other two. It would be a shock if baseball ever goes 20-36, 8-22 ACC in a normal season. Football and especially basketball have had plenty of those seasons. But it’s crazy how low the ceiling for baseball has become of late.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Arizona G KJ Simpson is transferring. We were one of his finalists, along with Arizona State, Cal, and Loyola. Not sure where we stand with the guard position after the latest pickup, but wanted to get thoughts since he's obviously a talented kid and had us on his mind.
This is great but we are already deep at guard. We need size, either a post or power forward.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
It honestly makes all the sense in the world for Moses to go ahead and take his best shot at the pros.

79tech

Flats Noob
so what does our team look like next year? Where do the freshmen play? Bubba, Usher Moore to start but who else will start? I don't know much about Meka or the freshmen.

79tech

Flats Noob
I'll guess Smith, Coleman, Usher KMoore, Howard. 2nd Sturdivant, Parham,Kelly, JMoore Meka, I could see Howard as too unpolished and starting small lineup with Parham in for him. But that is getting pretty small.

georgia_tech_swagger

Jolly Good Fellow
Hopefully we are pursuing post players in the portal.
If Pastner doesn't pull a James Banks III out of the portal they'll likely walk it back considerably next season. Howard isn't ready on defense, Saba isn't ready period. Saba looks like he'll be a Schenscher-esk project that only really starts to yield fruit in the back third of his collegiate career.

bonham

Dodd-Like
If Pastner doesn't pull a James Banks III out of the portal they'll likely walk it back considerably next season. Howard isn't ready on defense, Saba isn't ready period. Saba looks like he'll be a Schenscher-esk project that only really starts to yield fruit in the back third of his collegiate career.
We should have some faith in our coaching staff's ability to develop big men. There is history there. Last year doesn't count because of COVID.