2021 Tech Golf

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
Do you know if this is open to the public? Also, it looks to me like it starts 4/23 instead of 4/16.

gtrower

Dodd-Like
There’s a podcast up with Coach Heppler where he opens up about a lot.

- He’s pissed the ACCT is moving to a rotation of courses.

- He was a proponent of moving the ACCT to the new format which includes match play. Describes what it took to get to that point with other ACC coaches.

- Goes into some detail on picking the team for postseason play.

- Talks about the guys that could have returned for their COVID years but decided to go down the road of becoming Pro. Takes some jabs at the NCAA for cancelling the season while also saying it’s his job to prep them for pro play so it’s a good thing.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Tech looks to defend it’s ACC title April 23-26. Actually playing in Woodstock, GA after deciding to rotate the locations starting this year.

Great course. Got to play there a few years ago ahead of the NCAA championships and a national junior tournament. Interestingly enough, they had it set up tougher for the junior event.

Watched a few days of the NCAAs. Actually saw one of the tech guys ace the long par 3 third hole. Only one I’ve ever seen in person

Would be worth going if they are allowing fans and weather is good

Edit: looks like the club has a form for those wanting to volunteer: https://www.capitalcityclub.org/2021-acc-men-s-golf-championship

Last edited:

GCdaJuiceMan

Varsity Lurker
I didn't see any specifics, is it at the Crab Apple course or in Brookhaven?

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Takes some jabs at the NCAA for cancelling the season while also saying it’s his job to prep them for pro play so it’s a good thing.
Last year we would have absolutely been in the hunt for the national title. Huge disappointment they didn't get the chance to go for it.

clapper

Dodd-Like
I didn't see any specifics, is it at the Crab Apple course or in Brookhaven?
Do they even have a course in Brookhaven anymore? I thought that land was apartments now.

The NCCA regional was held at the club on New Providence next to Atlanta National. And you are correct, it is Crabapple, not Woodstock.

clapper

Dodd-Like
FRI APR 23
Atlantic Coast Conference Championship

ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Round 1 and 2
MILTON, GA. (CAPITAL CITY CLUB-CRABAPPLE COURSE)
(Neutral)

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Do they even have a course in Brookhaven anymore? I thought that land was apartments now.

The NCCA regional was held at the club on New Providence next to Atlanta National. And you are correct, it is Crabapple, not Woodstock.
There's a course right by the Club in Brookhaven; never played there but looks very nice. Never anyone on it

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Playing the practice round today, tourney starts tomorrow.

In a random twist of fate I was in Blacksburg last weekend to catch the Tech/VPI baseball series and played the Pete Dye course down there. Turns out that’s the course VPI practices on and ran into VPI’s coach chatting with the groundskeeper. Looked scurred.

clapper

Dodd-Like
In a random twist of fate I was in Blacksburg last weekend to catch the Tech/VPI baseball series and played the Pete Dye course down there. Turns out that’s the course VPI practices on and ran into VPI’s coach chatting with the groundskeeper. Looked scurred.
Virginia Tech owns the River Course now (they also have a course on campus). I played there the weekend of the Lighting/Rainout game and had a great time.