2021 Tech Golf

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
Wow! I did nor foresee that happening. A lot of teams had to falter down the stretch. Good luck tomorrow!

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Well, at least they held on enough to beat out Ugag. Playoff tomorrow morning vs TCU to see who gets to play the last round. Moot point - even if they move on, they’re so far beyond the leaders, pretty much zero chance to go any further.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Don't we start with a clean slate if we win the playoff on Monday morning?
No, if they beat TCU in tiebreaker, they play one more round of stroke play, then top 8 move on to match play format. Pretty minimal chance of moving into top 8, especially considering how they’ve played in last two rounds.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
No, if they beat TCU in tiebreaker, they play one more round of stroke play, then top 8 move on to match play format. Pretty minimal chance of moving into top 8, especially considering how they’ve played in last two rounds.
Currently 19 strokes behind the #8 team after 3rd round.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
For sure - but, even with a disastrous +15 yesterday, still beat out the Dawgs by one stroke. And I guess a 15th place tie isn’t horrible for the 26th ranked team - still disappointing though. Hoping for better things next year.

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
Six of the fifteen in today’s 4th round are from ACC (Tech, Wake, FSU, UNC, Clemson, Louisville) - pretty solid. And SEC with only 2 (Vandy & Arkansas).

Beej1953

Varsity Lurker
We really only need to shoot par or just over and have some teams come to us.
Guess that 17 over par didn’t quite work. Worst round yet. +9/+8/+15/+17 for total +49. Ugh! And highest individual golfer tied for 44th. Coach Heppler’s got some work to do next year - but, unlike Danny Hall or Geoff Collins, I trust him to make necessary adjustments.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Guess that 17 over par didn’t quite work. Worst round yet. +9/+8/+15/+17 for total +49. Ugh! And highest individual golfer tied for 44th. Coach Heppler’s got some work to do next year - but, unlike Danny Hall or Geoff Collins, I trust him to make necessary adjustments.
Golf isn't about making adjustments; but yea Heppler runs a good program