2022 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. USFL Birmingham Stallions - Who Wins?

2022 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs USFL Birmingham Stallions - Who Wins?

• Are You Kidding? Tech Clobbers this Minor League Squad

• Tech Probably Wins

• It's a Toss Up

• Stallions Probably Prevail

• Stallions Are Pros and Would Crush Tech

Results are only viewable after voting.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Watching the USFL out of sheer boredom, I'm not impressed by the level of play (especially at QB), and I'm left to wonder how these minor league teams would fare against a typical P5 college team, like Georgia Tech.

The USFL is made up of guys who played college ball but aren't good enough to make it in the NFL, coached mostly by guys who flamed out in the NCAA. I think that Tech should have some advantages, so I think Tech would probably win.

However, IF folks think they would beat Tech, the logical follow-up (to me) is . . . how do you think they would do against the Alabama Crimson Tide?

I think the BHM Stallions are far better coached than GT is right now, even if these flamed out coaches are just giving halfhearted efforts. BHM also has better athletes up and down the roster, and they probably have more guys with NFL potential than GT does. I would feel much better about this upcoming season if we swapped OL and DL with the Stallions right now.

I’m guessing the USFL guys are probably a bit older which I would assume is an advantage.

Watching the USFL out of sheer boredom, I'm not impressed by the level of play (especially at QB), and I'm left to wonder how these minor league teams would fare against a typical P5 college team, like Georgia Tech.

The USFL is made up of guys who played college ball but aren't good enough to make it in the NFL, coached mostly by guys who flamed out in the NCAA. I think that Tech should have some advantages, so I think Tech would probably win.

However, IF folks think they would beat Tech, the logical follow-up (to me) is . . . how do you think they would do against the Alabama Crimson Tide?

You forget that while this is a minor league, it is still chock full of players who have made/played on NFL rosters. The play calling may be more organized at a p5 collegiate level but the skill level of the players is much higher overall.

It reminds me of those videos where washed up Brian Scalabrine destroys all the amateur and run of the mill college players in 1 on 1. The gap is just so much wider than most understand.

Don’t you think Birmingham could manage a point against Notre Dame and Georgia? Ans. Absolutely! They might lose. But they would manage many points and make those good games.

Birmingham would beat all the crappy ACC schools with the exception of Clemson in their prime. And they would name their score against a Collins/Key/Thacker coached Georgia Tech team.

All of the Birmingham guys are at least competent enough to get a look in the USFL. Are all of our guys?

It’s the same question that rolls out every year. “could *College National Champion* beat the *currently worst NFL team*” the answer is öööö no. They would get demolished and anyone that thinks otherwise is a moron.
Not the same question. I agree that the *currently worst NFL team* would crush the *College National Champion*

But the *currently worst NFL team* >>> Birmingham. They would crush Birmingham.

Which makes this a much more fair question.

There is another thread here about the USFL Pittsburgh Maulers signing Vad Lee. With all due rerspect, and in no way meaning to denigrate Vad Lee, wouldn't everyone here agree that Jeff Sims is a better QB than Vad Lee - especially for a pro offense? If so, and given that QB is far and away the most important position in football, then why shouldn't the 2022 Jackets be able to take out a USFL team?

I think there are high school programs that could beat our 2022 GT team. So, easily a semi-pro team could.

We lose 100-0 in the last two games, and you think we stand toe-to-toe with a semi-pro team? Whatever you're smoking, pass some of it over please.
That was 2021. And we lost to two teams which I believe would crush the Stallions. Didn't one of those teams just have 15 players drafted into the NFL? While the Stallions are made up exclusively of players who are not good enough for the NFL.

Back