2023 CFB TV Ratings by Network

From the article: We can draw a few conclusions from this data.
  • The ACC is the third most-popular league behind the SEC and Big Ten.
  • On average, the ACC draws roughly the same as the Big Ten, although the B1G has an edge when it comes to top games.
  • Top ACC games (ABC Saturday Night Football) draw about the same as Notre Dame.
  • The ACC is off to a good start on The CW (tier 3 football games), but it needs another hundred thousand viewers or two.

Kinda crazy cw pulls bigger numbers than espn2 and about the same as fs1. And no one randomly tunes into the cw for sports like they may for the other two

From my corner of the football world, there's a lot of folks that will watch only watch ESPN as a last resort. Seems like the CW numbers give credence to that

And then you would be crying that you can't watch GT football on TV.
If ESPN and all the TV agreements went away, I don't think it would be that hard for each school to run its own stream of games. You might not get all the fancy graphics, but you could easily have the radio team call the game over some basic live footage of the game.

If ESPN and all the TV agreements went away, I don't think it would be that hard for each school to run its own stream of games. You might not get all the fancy graphics, but you could easily have the radio team call the game over some basic live footage of the game.

You make it sound so compelling.

It isn’t CW. It is Raycom/Jefferson Pilot or whatever, same people that have been doing ACC for years. They just broadcast it on CW.
well then they must have fired everyone and restaffed, because CW production has been way better than the raycom/FSS/bally days. i did not notice any raycom advertising, only acc on cw.

Kinda crazy cw pulls bigger numbers than espn2 and about the same as fs1. And no one randomly tunes into the cw for sports like they may for the other two
i'm thinking may also have to do with all the cord cutters. CW is OTA, espn2 is not.

Back