2nd Chance POLL: What is the probability we beat Notre Dame in 2024

2nd Chance: What is the probability we beat Notre Dame in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Bullseye
Poll to gauge the change in confidence as the season goes along.

ND: 5-1 / ESPN FPI 20.9 (+1.9 YTD)
GT: 5-2 / ESPN FPI 5.4 (+3.3 YTD)

GT ESPN FPI Win Probability: 16.7% (+11.4 YTD)
ST Pre-Season Win Probability: 46.5%

Can the Jackets close out their series at the Benz with a victory?

We are only 8.5 point underdogs? Figured it’d be more than that.
I think the spread is contingent on whether or not King plays. If he does, it should stay around the 8 mark. But if Key comes out and says Pyron is getting the start, expect that spread to climb to probably two touchdowns.

I think the spread is contingent on whether or not King plays. If he does, it should stay around the 8 mark. But if Key comes out and says Pyron is getting the start, expect that spread to climb to probably two touchdowns.
If Pyron starts I suspect that ND will go all in on stopping the run to see if Pyron can beat them with his passing skills.

2nd chance probability is 0.490, an increase of 5.3% from the pre-season poll.

The fraction of 0.9 scores is a quite a bit higher than from the regular season pole. This is skewing the results quite a bit, and adjusting these down to the same fraction as in the pre-season pole produces a decrease in probability.

2nd chance probability is 0.490, an increase of 5.3% from the pre-season poll.

The fraction of 0.9 scores is a quite a bit higher than from the regular season pole. This is skewing the results quite a bit, and adjusting these down to the same fraction as in the pre-season pole produces a decrease in probability.
don't you marginalize my totally objective assessment

Back