2nd Chance POLL: What is the probability we beat Syracuse in 2024

2nd Chance: What is the probability we beat Syracuse in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coit

Bullseye
Poll to gauge the change in confidence as the season goes along.

Syracuse: 1-0 / ESPN FPI +0.6 (+1.8 YTD)
GT: 2-0 / ESPN FPI 8.1 (+8.7 YTD)

GT ESPN FPI Win Probability: 73.1% (+19.1%)
ST Pre-Season Win Probability: 74.5%

ralph-waving-in-the-simpsons~2.jpg

They will not be the layup that the brand traditionally suggests. The transfer portal has been a lifeline to a program that hasn’t been able to recruit at a P4 level. McCord looked more than competent week 1 and they have some weapons offensively if they can keep him clean.

That being said Ohio ripped them to shreds on the ground and that does not bode well for them against one of the best rushing teams in the country in Tech. And while I don’t think GTs defense has jumped from atrocious to great in one offseason, we saw what Santucci could do to a one-dimensional QB in the FSU game and McCord is exactly that.

34-24 GT.

They will not be the layup that the brand traditionally suggests. The transfer portal has been a lifeline to a program that hasn’t been able to recruit at a P4 level. McCord looked more than competent week 1 and they have some weapons offensively if they can keep him clean.

That being said Ohio ripped them to shreds on the ground and that does not bode well for them against one of the best rushing teams in the country in Tech. And while I don’t think GTs defense has jumped from atrocious to great in one offseason, we saw what Santucci could do to a one-dimensional QB in the FSU game and McCord is exactly that.

34-24 GT.
Hopefully the defense will get off the bus not looking like swiss cheese during that first possession.

It’ll be a tough game. Want to continue seeing us play tough, clean, disciplined, and physical. Results will come. Hopefully we get some lucky breaks just for my heart rate’s sake. We haven’t really had our fair share during the first two games. Maybe a bunch of turnovers.

2nd chance probability is 0.702, a decrease of 5.7% from the pre-season poll.

FSU implosion driving the confidence down a bit it seems.

Back