#3 2021 - Grey Carroll DL

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I see him as a DE that potentially grows into a DT. I really like his tape, as is normally the case with the guys CGC has brought in.

He gets off the ball quickly and uses his hands well. They run the play away from him a lot, yet he still makes plenty of tackles running down the play from backside. It is a highlight tape, so don’t want to read too much into it...but he seems pretty unblockable in HS. In fact they try to chip him and do all sorts of things, but he simply beats block after block for TFLs.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
I see him as a DE that potentially grows into a DT. I really like his tape, as is normally the case with the guys CGC has brought in.

He gets off the ball quickly and uses his hands well. They run the play away from him a lot, yet he still makes plenty of tackles running down the play from backside. It is a highlight tape, so don’t want to read too much into it...but he seems pretty unblockable in HS. In fact they try to chip him and do all sorts of things, but he simply beats block after block for TFLs.
I agree on the possible DT position. He's already a stocky dude. I can see him reaching 300 lbs easy. He might lack speed as a LB or DE.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Sde all the way. 2 down player. Likely subs out for obvious pass downs
He's quick off the snap, and that can get you a long way in the trenches. Don't plan on subbing in for someone before they show you what they've got.

It would not be surprising to me if he becomes a base sde who slides inside on passing downs. But it depends on if he plays 250, 275, or 300. We'll see.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like

Supporting your last sentences Alcoa basically plays two schools that can compete with them. Focus on the highlights against Maryville (black helmet, white jersey, black pants) and Pearl Cohn in the state championship (Navy/white/white on Tennessee Tech field) .

That being said he is doing what he should be doing against inferior competition.

Also as far as comparisons go: he plays like David Pollack.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Does it appear to any others besides me on here that we're working our way towards being one of the more athletic teams with our front 4?
Athletic d-line. Smart and mobile linebackers. Smart athletic d-backs. Length everywhere on defense. Everyone with the attitude of working every minute to be the best they can be at whatever they do....

Naw, it must just be used cars salesman hype. Let's go back to the old way....

stingmeyall

Flats Noob
Great lateral speed chasing ball carriers down from behind. He will be a great addition wherever he plays along DL.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Great lateral speed chasing ball carriers down from behind. He will be a great addition wherever he plays along DL.
He is relentless. His floor is special teams ace. His ceiling is Coleman Rudolph.

I like his ability to block from fullback, among other things.

77GTFan

Dodd-Like
The back side pursuit really stands out. That can foil a lot of read option runs.