$3 million a year from Adidas

cyptomcat

Hibernating
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...t-with-adidas/hebjv2I3PIBh8K6b2QwVdJ/amp.html

Tech will receive an average of $3.11 million annually from Adidas in cash and product over its six-year contract, according to the school’s memorandum of understanding with the shoe and apparel company, obtained by the AJC through an open-records request.

oops, all in gear:

The school will receive $200,000 annually in cash over the six-year contract that begins July 2018 while the allowance for gear will average $2.91 million, beginning with $3.05 million in the 2018-19 academic year. The actual contract has not been signed as both sides work through details.

This part is very good though:

The cash “retainer fee” will increase annually by $1 million if the Jackets win a football national championship, $500,000 if they win the ACC and $250,000 if they appear in the ACC title game two years in a row. The retainer fee will be adjusted by $450,000 if the team wins nine games in a row in back-to-back seasons.

The contract will be increased for performance by the men’s basketball team, as well – $500,000 for a national championship, $250,000 for an ACC conference championship and $125,000 for reaching the ACC championship game two years in a row.

Let's earn it!

"... I’ve never seen a bonus structure that is structured like this. It’s not just about a bonus, but the actual cash outlay. In a way, they’re kind of betting on themselves and they’ve definitely provided an opportunity for themselves to significantly change the structure of the contract if they outperform it.”

I wonder what the details of U[sic]GA's contract looks like.

Good lord. Lets be real here. This contract is peanuts to yearly cash. And the retainer fee milestones really are incredibly rare at tech.

Last back to back 9 wins? 08 to 09. So a decade ago. And before that i couldnt even tell you.

Back to back acc title games. Lets see. Nope. Never been done.

National title....we know 1990 but this is even harder today imo at tech

Why No playoff appearance?

I would love to hit these milestones but jeez. Addidas knew what they were doing.

Good lord. Lets be real here. This contract is peanuts to yearly cash. And the retainer fee milestones really are incredibly rare at tech.

Last back to back 9 wins? 08 to 09. So a decade ago. And before that i couldnt even tell you.

I would love to hit these milestones but jeez. Addidas knew what they were doing.
I knew we should have gone to Puma

Can we make gold chains and watches part of the football uniforms then let players wear them off the field, as well? It would help us add weight to the DL, as well.

5a559bcc85e5e87f8f826b0bd79abb7a--the-a-team-bearded-men.jpg

Sounds like we had no leverage because UA is having problems and Nike wasn't interested. Folks need to realize Stansbury is trying to dig us out of several competitive holes at once. He is off to a good start, I think.

Sounds like we had no leverage because UA is having problems and Nike wasn't interested. Folks need to realize Stansbury is trying to dig us out of several competitive holes at once. He is off to a good start, I think.

Exactly. ööööing around with Russell because they had a Tech connection even though all of their stuff is öööö is what got us to this point with adidas.

Yeah i know i get all that. Still doesnt fix the crappy aspect of it.

The cleats they made for GT baseball are encouraging. I'm sure it's not the same gold we will have on the unis because it's a totally material, but damn they look good.

I don't think it is real gold.

The cleats they made for GT baseball are encouraging. I'm sure it's not the same gold we will have on the unis because it's a totally material, but damn they look good.

Cleats look good. Pleaseeeeeeee....no honeycomb.

Honeycomb is here to stay...that set of white helmets cost ~60k and the team loves wearing them. Jerseys may not incorporate the pattern, but both helmets will still match.
A first post implicitly claiming inside info? Do tell.

Back