3 of top 5 high school QB's now committed.....

hiveredtech

Dodd-Like
3 of top 5 high school QB\'s now committed.....

Across the board, you tend to see these kids as the top 5 QB's in the country and 3 are committed with the other 2 close. This continues the trend of QB's committing earlier.

1- John Brantley- committed to Texas
2- Jimmy Clausen- committed to Notre Dame
3- Willy Korn- committed to Clemson
4- Ryan Mallett- Alabama lds. FSU, Okla, Mich.
5- Mike Paulus- SoCal lds Miami, Mich., others

Josh Nesbitt...

is ranked higher than two of those players per scout.

Re: Josh Nesbitt...

Brantley is thought by coaches across America to be either the #1 or #2 QB in the country. If you watch his film you will see perfect mechanics, excellent mobility, runs a sophisticated offense, and plays against tough competition. He could have gone anywhere in the country he wanted. Plus...he is a pedigree kid as his dad played QB at Florida.

What most coaches agree on with Nesbitt is that he could be the best overall athlete in the country and will be a big-time player at some position. I am hoping he comes to GT and becomes a superstar QB because we could use that. It would be great to see him do it. However, he also could be an All-American at FS.

Also...I have seen film on all of these kids and it is pretty easy to tell which ones are ahead from a development perspective and which ones are ready to play big-time college QB on day one.

I don't remember a John Brantley who played quarterback at Florida. I do remember a John Brantley who played linebacker at Georgia and was from Florida. Not saying you are not correct, just saying I don't remember a Brantley at Florida. And I do recall reading that this prospect is a John Brantley 'Jr'.

According to one article I found:
John Brantley Sr. was one of Spurriers first QB's when he was QB coach at Florida in 1978.
Additionally, Brantley's head coach at Trinity Catholic is former Gator QB Kerwin Bell (1984-87).

I believe Brantley did have a brother that played at Fla. When we played GA my Freshman year (Brantley was a Senior at GA) I believe I remember something about that in our weekly scouting report that we received each week about who we played the following Saturday. Since I was a defensive player I didn't get much info about GA's defense, but I seem to remember this.

Back