3rd Down conversion rate

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Agree we will be better, Ahso...

Just the fact that the DLine is getting their hands up and staying in the passing lanes is a huge improvement. We'll batt down 2-3 passes a game and the QB won't be able to see the receiver as well on the other throws. Even if the secondary coverage doesn't improve the difference will be noticeable.

Now if we can just get some pressure on the QB, everyone will start to think we have an All-American secondary...

If a QB who can come close to his targets can't convert on us, then I'll be convinced.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah, we haven't seen anything.

Neither of our starting safeties had a tackle or pass break up against Vandy. This would be ideal, but Vandy didn't do or (in some cases try) anything.

Noticed that Vanderbilt was 1 for 14 on 3rd down conversions Saturday.

One of the things we debated in the preseason was that we had to get better on Defense on the 3rd down conversion ration.

I would think that a 7.1% conversion rate is pretty good. However, it was Vanderbilt. Is this just better period, or still a wait-and-see?

Wait and see. If a QB who can come close to his targets can't convert on us, then I'll be convinced.

I'm sure we will not have this efficiency against all opponents, but it portends of things to come. I will bet BeeWare a nickel, we will be better at it in the future than the last seven or eight years.

By the way BeeWare, the move went well, however, we are living in the pool house behind my daughter's home until we can build or buy another home. Since this abode (or adobe) is temporary, we will have to move all over again.

Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry about punching you in the nose at the game. The only thing that saved me when you pushed me off the top of the stands was the fact I landed on my head.

wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back