4/10/02 Practice Notes

GT Adamni

Flats Noob
I don't have a lot of time today, but I'll try to give another short report.

-Hollings had an excellent day today taking a lot of snaps with the first team since Dixon was still out with a foot injury and Ford is out with the rib injury. This was Hollings best day...I don't think he fumbled, and he looked real good on a number of runs.

-As for the D-line, Parker was running with the first team a lot as a DT along with Malone, so I guess that says the coaches think a lot of him. Gary Johnson isn't practicing during the weekday practices, so I guess that's one reason Parker is getting a lot of time. Also, Hargrove and Holiday each got some snaps with the first team at DE.

-They ran a mini-scrimmage near the end of practice, and each of the QBs got a couple of drives. Bilbo took the second team down for a score thanks in large part to a 20-something yard run by him. He would have taken that one all the way, but the defensive back (I think it was Poree, but not sure) did a good job of not being taken out of the play by the wideout that was blocking him. Bilbo couldn't make up his mind which side to try to run around them, and ran into the back of the receiver. He did fumble on that play, but the offense got it back. A couple of plays later he hit one of the receivers on a pass to the corner of the endzone. The receiver went up and got it over the cornerback. On Bilbo's next drive, when he ran with the first team, he threw an interception on a third and long as he was being pressured by Daryl Smith. You can read about the little scuffle that ensued after that play in the AJC.

-Suggs led a couple of pretty long drives, but they weren't able to get it into the endzone.

-It may not sound like it when I talk about them, but I would say Suggs has the slight lead right now. Although Bilbo makes the more spectacular and exciting plays (and hence that is why I remember them better), Suggs is more consistent.

-I'm sure you guys want to hear more about the offensive and defensive lines, but it's not only hard to watch all of them and it's hard to remember who does what. I'm gonna at least try to come up with a depth chart for most of the positions based on what I see at practice.

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

GTadamni:

Thanks for your reports and all the time you devote to keeping the rest of us informed.

bigthumbup.gif
bigthumbup.gif
drinking.gif

Very nice report!!

I should be able to make it tomorrow (worried about rain) and on Sat. as well.

I'm not sure if we've met or not. Have to believe we have, but I can't place handle with face.

Needing a practice fix bad not being out there this week. Your report helped much!!!

Back